Proud Dad moment

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

This evening on gull was one I’ll never forget. My daughter wanted to go walleye fishing so we headed up to cabin this morning. We didn’t get out until about 4 pm. Wasn’t marking much so headed right up against weedline when she hit. We were pulling spinners and she had hers in rod holder. I knew it was a nice fish when it hit. She told me she didn’t need help and grabbed rod, I stood back and watched. Made a couple runs on her and she swung its head in net. It was a fish I’ll never forget, and made me one proud dad to be part of it. It was her first one over 18”.

Attachments:
    1. 16428C10-A894-4E3A-B55C-8FDBB1C1C643.jpeg

Iowaboy1

nicely done !!
    good job dad teaching her how to fish !!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Way to go Craig, i got the same feeling this weekend. My daughter stuck a 14.75″ crappie but just dragged it in like a wet sock. It wasn’t until it surfaced when I seen what it was. Someday I hope she asks me to take her fishing besides the other way around.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I’m with you eyeguy. I definitely got outfished by her today, I only caught one fish all day, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. I let her pick out her color before we went out, now I need to order more of those because she was on fire tonight

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s pretty cool. Time well spent. Dandy fish to boot!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

applause Well done! applause

Enjoy these moments, they grow up so fast. Next thing you know it will be the grandkids you are taking fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.