Propping Lund Alaskan 2000 with 115 CT

• Marco Pelton
    Participant

I recently purchased a new boat, Lund Alaskan 2000 with a 115 Pro XS CT. I’ve been doing the break-in procedure and currently have about 8 hours on the boat.

The boat came with a 17 pitch Black Max. Seems like a good performer other than I’d like to see better handling @ mid to top speed. Going 39 mph (top speed) I get a fair amount of chine walking.

I fish Lake Sakakwea the vast majority of the time and in boats past I’ve always had SS props. I would like to purchase a second prop so that I have a back up and, more importantly, to see if I can prop it to improve a couple of characteristics such as chine walking, mid range speed (increasing) and slow speed steering (If that’s possible).

Any suggestions?

Again, I’m open to SS but more than anything, is there a prop that will help make the boat more stable at speed? And how about in the 3500-4500 RPM range? I’d love to pickup speed here as it’s the cruising zone.

My boat did not come with an RPM gauge so I’m
    Not sure what my RPM is at under full speed. I’m in the process of getting a Merc vessel View mobile but it’s not installed yet.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.