Problem Solved

• JEREMY
    BP

Everyone can take a deep breathe now. The Twins removed Calvin Griffiths statue. I know things are different know but where do you draw the line? There is no one alive that is 65 or younger that can say they’ve never made a racist comment. If they do they are lying. It may have not meant to been to be racist cause growing up in the 70’s and 80″s we said words we probably shouldn’t have but didn’t know any better. Maybe he was worse then I know but from what Ive read it was removed cause of a racist comment in 1978. All the old farts in congress are bold face liars if they say they never said bad word when they were growing up in the 40’s and 50’s and 60’s.

Coletrain27

Unreal, just like aunt Jemima and uncle Bens rice is changing now because that is supposedly racist. They have only been around for 130 years and now all the sudden it’s a problem rotflol

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve been to Target Field every season since it opened. I guess I didn’t even know they had a Calvin Griffith statue, so it does not affect me at all, so I guess I’m not offended or outraged coffee

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The point is not have you noticed it but why does it have to come down! This is getting ridiculous.

Fish To Escape

I don’t understand why people care enough to complain about it

bigpike

Dont feel bad they tore down a George Washington yesterday. Father of the country. Maybe they should read about the sacrifices he made and the odds against him and the colony’s to live in the land of the free. That would take more effort than tearing down a statue dedicated to him. Erase history – it will make everything better. Also everyone needs a participation trophy at each tear down so no feels excluded

Beast

I don’t understand why people care enough to complain about it

It’s all political B.S.for politicians to get the black, the political correct, and the social justice warriors vote, you know, you got to strike while the iron is hot!Just kinda shows me most of them have a weak platform to begin with.

Beast

Dont feel bad they tore down a George Washington yesterday. Father of the country. Maybe they should read about the sacrifices he made and the odds against him and the colony’s to live in the land of the free. That would take more effort than tearing down a statue dedicated to him. Erase history – it will make everything better. Also everyone needs a participation trophy at each tear down so no feels excluded

they should be made to pay restitution. Dumb SOB’s

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Private company doing what they feel is best for the public image, legally. I’m cool with this one. Just like I’m cool with Colin not having the job he wants because private companies did what was best for their company.

Now feel free to think what you want about the Twins based on their response.

Lou W

Nothing is changed. Another bogeyman will be found. Then another…and another

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Private company doing what they feel is best for the public image, legally. I’m cool with this one. Just like I’m cool with Colin not having the job he wants because private companies did what was best for their company.

Now feel free to think what you want about the Twins based on their response.

Truth. If you don’t like what the twins did then don’t go spend your money if and when baseball ever returns.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’ve been to Target Field every season since it opened. I guess I didn’t even know they had a Calvin Griffith statue, so it does not affect me at all, so I guess I’m not offended or outraged coffee

Right? If the Twins didn’t publicize it, no one would have even known it was missing.

It’s not even news worthy and most complaining probably didn’t know who he was anyways.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

We should remember that without Calvin Griffith we would not have the Twins. His statue being up or not is out of our control.

saugeye-steve

In a year or two when the American flag is banned-I will complain.

DTW

Eskimo Pie is now done. this is getting really stoopid.

pbitschura

People have been indoctrinated to be guided by their feelings (easy to influence) and not their objective rationality (very hard to influence or control).

The tribes are retreating behind their walls and defend their side. Dialogue is prohibited. Take my side or eat sh*t and die.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Where do you draw the line ? We were taught that Washington’s teeth were made of wood according to our history books but the fact is they were made from black slaves teeth , who knew .

Beast

Where do you draw the line ? We were taught that Washington’s teeth were made of wood according to our history books but the fact is they were made from black slaves teeth , who knew .

So what if they were, So what? Everyone has made a hero out of a career criminal, He did prison time, been arrest several other times, was passing a phony bill, was high on illegal drugs according to autopsy, and of all things they gave his family a American flag, a honor reserved for those that serve in Military, Police, Firefighters and those that serve and sacrifice for others.Only thing Floyd had interest in was himself at the time of death, and now were all suppose bend and have a blind eye for all the illegal crap people are doing in his name? what a crock of BS.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

If the Twins feel so strongly about the statue, they shouldn’t be ridiculed about taking it down, but putting it up in the first place. Nothing has changed in Griffith’s legacy since they put it up. He died 10+ years before. Select people just started complaining about it.

Fish To Escape

People, organizations, and times change. Change is often hard for a lot of people. I can’t imagine what it feels like to live in a country that pays reverence to a group that thought I was 3/5 of a human. All of this is just a symptom of a deeper problem

(I don’t agree with the vandalism etc)

Mike West

Once again, suprised another thread has lasted long as it has.

DTW

Rice Krispies. Will it be the next to fall. 3 white little guys. No diversity…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

In a year or two when the American flag is banned-I will complain.

I’ll hold you to that because god knows it will probably happen in our lifetime. Oh know I said god knows – I’m sure now I offended someone and will be asked to apologize.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

So what if they were, So what? Everyone has made a hero out of a career criminal, He did prison time, been arrest several other times, was passing a phony bill, was high on illegal drugs according to autopsy, and of all things they gave his family a American flag, a honor reserved for those that serve in Military, Police, Firefighters and those that serve and sacrifice for others.Only thing Floyd had interest in was himself at the time of death, and now were all suppose bend and have a blind eye for all the illegal crap people are doing in his name? what a crock of BS.

I never thought I’d fully agree with you James, but I do agree with that assessment regarding the BS to honor Mr. Floyd with the presentation of an American flag. Nothing more than a BS political photo op by Speaker Pelosi, and no different than President Trump’s BS political photo op with the Bible (held upside down) at the church. Certainly by no means did Mr. Floyd deserve to be treated the way he did, let alone killed, but the posthumous honors he’s been given has been a bit over the top, in my opinion.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

I never thought I’d fully agree with you James, but I do agree with that assessment regarding the BS to honor Mr. Floyd with the presentation of an American flag. Nothing more than a BS political photo op by Speaker Pelosi, and no different than President Trump’s BS political photo op with the Bible (held upside down) at the church. Certainly by no means did Mr. Floyd deserve to be treated the way he did, let alone killed, but the posthumous honors he’s been given has been a bit over the top, in my opinion.

If the cops did not kill him likely he would not become a martyr? History books are being revised to tell the truth , what everyone was taught for eons apparently upon further review was not accurate . The question is who wrote those books to begin with ? Overwhelming white folks slanted for whatever reason . Also it’s not the cops job to kill someone even if they are guilty ,

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Mr Beast that’s special when you say “everyone ” Who is asking you to turn a blind eye ? Please tell me? All your doing is deflecting about what is going on in this country , you choose to focus on the black man who while being murdered by cops was as you say was only interested in himself! I find that incredible you can even say that

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

There it is. From a statue at a ballpark and suddenly George Floyd’s record is brought up.

Beast

Mr. Meier, you best stick to polishing the horn on your unicorn, I think you don’t fully grasp reality.

Jim in Wisconsin

Yeah. Everyone is doing it so it must be okay. BS, that’s just an excuse for aberrant behavior. EVERYONE IS NOT DOING IT! I’ll stay with the socially accepted behavior standards I was taught in the 1950s at a Catholic school just like most of us on this site!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Problem Solved’ is closed to new replies.