Price Estimate on Reloading Supplies 💲

• Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Billy and I used to reload 12ga shotgun shells and I’d like to sell the equipment and supplies. I have a potential buyer but have no idea what a fair price range would be. I’m not looking to make a killing here, as I’d like to see this go as a lot, but I don’t want to let it go for free either.

Everything should be in working order, as Billy was reloading up until his last season or so. Though some of these powders look rather old. The buckets of empty shells are 5 gallon. The box of boxes are EMPTY (to fill after reloading) and there’s about 45 of them. Thanks guys!

Attachments:
    1. Supplies-1.jpg

2. Supplies-2.jpg

Jimmy Jones

You have a gold mine there. I wouldn’t let the lot go for less than $600.00. The 600 super shotshell press is maybe $250.00 along and that RCBS press, for what I believe to be some handgun dies, is easily another $100.00. That Lee press will bring maybe $25.00. The powder scale and case trimmer will bring in about $6 0.00 together. 6 bags of shot at $45.00 each. If the Accurate and IMR powders are full pounds they’ll fetch about $35.00 each. There are a couple other bottles of powder, I believe, with the box of shotshell hulls and if they’re full they too will get about $35.00 each. The primers come in sleeves of 100 and regardless of what they are, small rifle, large rifle or shot shell, they’ll get about $7.00 per sleeve. The RCBS dies will get about $25.00 per set. All of the other goodies, the shotshell wads, the charge bars for the 600 Super, the empty shotshell hulls and any other miscellaneous stuff should get about $40.00.

You’ve got some quality stuff there and much of it is very hard to put hands on right now….like the shot and powder and primers.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

You could do very on the powders and primers right now. I think things (powder) are starting to make a comeback, but I haven’t heard of any primers showing up yet.

MX1825

Sharon your pics are the most organized of anything that has been for sale on IDO. bow

stevenoak

You have some good stuff there. May help to estimate how full powder containers are, as that with primers are the hottest items now. The loader is about $330 now, new. I had a buddy pass away 3 years ago. His Mec sat at the gun club for a year with $50 on it without an offer. But now the stuff is gold now as mentioned. To me if someone is fair and will take everything. I’ll take that every time. Serious E Bay sellers will piece it out. But I find that a good way to be left with items sitting around. Even at a fair price, you will likely get more than Billy paid when he bought the stuff new. Good Luck Sharon.

TH

It’s hard to estimate large bunches of stuff as not everyone wants everything. It’s also tough just looking at cans of powder. Are they sealed? Half full? A quick look, if you were selling it all, you easily have over $2000. If you sold it in one lot for $2000, you’d be giving someone a deal.

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Sharon your pics are the most organized of anything that has been for sale on IDO. bow

LOL Thanks MX1825! I was trying to get some good and helpful photos so guys can see what stuff is. mrgreen

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

If you let this go for $600 whoever bought it should be locked up for highway robbery. Just the presses alone I would let go for no less than $450.

Off the cuff, based on what I’ve been seeing used reloading equipment go for at my LGS, I’d probably list the whole lot for $1250 and wouldn’t take any less than $1000 assuming all the powder jugs are relatively full.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think Waldo has the closest estimate. But even this I think is a little bit low because of the bags of shot.

Unless prices have gone down significantly since I’ve last looked a bag of lead shot is going for about $70 or more. So there is at least $350 worth of shot in this lot of reloading supplies alone.

The value of open containers of powder can be highly variable. A lot of reloaders are hesitant to buy open containers of powder for safety reasons.

As a lot I think all of the items together are worth $1,500 and not a penny less than $1250. They certainly would fetch more than that if broken up and listed individually on ebay. Obviously this is not possible with the powders and primers but still more could be achieved by separate listings but it’s more work.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s a nice collection!

Prices are relative. What it’s worth to me, a different poster, or you Sharon could all be vastly different. How long you are willing to hold onto it all, how many interested people you want to deal with, what you want to list together or separate would all factor in to a price.

Personally I’d list it all as one sale. I’d be sacrificing top dollar for valuing my own time and hoping for a fairly quick, easy sale. I’d probably list it at somewhere around $1000 and expect it to move quick. Dealing with countless interested people and haggling over money takes time – which is valuable.

TimberCrappie
    Eden Prairie, MN

Sharon,

I can only comment on the non metallic reloading so here is the breakdown for those items.

Hulls if they are AA hulls go for 5 cents a piece.
    Federal hulls go for somewhere between 3-5 cents a piece.

Mec reloader I would say somewhere between 75-100. It is not a progressive reloader and has a smaller market because of that. brand new single stage mecs are going for 235.

Charge bars should be 15-20 a piece

Wads – I would ask for $8-10 per full bag.
    Powder bushings $5-7 a piece

Mec supersizer can go from somewhere between $25-75.

Shot you can ask for $35 a bag. New shot is going for $60 per bag.

The powder is a harder sell. If unopened you can ask 80% of retail and it will be gone quickly. If it’s opened many will not buy it. It’s a safety thing. Buyers have to believe that what is in the bottles are actually correct or risk blowing up their guns.

Shot shell boxes are worthless. They can be grabbed in bulk from the trap line for free. Give them away with the purchase.

Primers – we cannot get Winchester shotshell primers at the moment so they will bring a premium. I would ask for $80 per thousand right now.

Rough estimate for the shotshell items – $900 not including powder.

I would sell the shotshell and metallic items separate. It should help the sale go faster.

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Thanks for all the great info, guys! I really appreciate it! And now I feel more confident on anyone offering me a mere $300 for the lot! You guys are the best! waytogo

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Forget pricing, I am trying to figure our how you got a Green $ in your Subject line?

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Eye catching, isn’t it? wink wink

If you visit IDO from a mobile device you can use the emojis on a smartphone’s keyboard. mrgreen

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Well guys my potential buyer fell through! Are any of you interested in purchasing? Asking $1250 for everything. Feel free to pass along the info to others if you know anyone who’s looking for supplies. THANKS!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Eye catching, isn’t it? wink wink

If you visit IDO from a mobile device you can use the emojis on a smartphone’s keyboard. mrgreen

Learn something new every day! 😳👍

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.