Predicting Cabela's will be gone by year end

• Karry Kyllo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Karry Kyllo wrote:</div>
    I think I read that someplace but does that include rods, tackle, accessories, etc., etc. or just clothing?

Everything.

-J.

I guess I’ll have to try to learn to love Bass Pro. The store is only 5 minutes from my front door.
    It’s kinda like the words of Stephen Stills when he sang “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with”.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

hah Probably should just call the Woodbury store “Redhead Outlet”

That would get me more excited to go there……or are we still talking outdoor gear?

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Any idea if the annual spend for hunting, fishing, camping equipment industries in the USA is declining or increasing?

Wonder if the younger sportsmen need/buy as much “stuff” as us old-timers over the years….

I wonder where you can get a flannel or heavy hunting shirt that is so well made it is darn near wind-proof. I don’t wear my old Herter’s and Cabela’s shirts for fear of wearing them out…. can’t replace em….

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Everything Cabela’s is now branded Bass Pro.

Not quite everything but almost. I always look when new catalogs come out. In the 2022 BPS catalog on pp 379-380 there are Cabela’s-branded waders and wading boots and on pp 498-501 there is Cabela’s-branded stuff. It won’t be long now. Sad cry

maddogg

I bet Cabela’s regrets letting BPS use the Cabela’s brand name.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I bet Cabela’s regrets letting BPS use the Cabela’s brand name.[/quot

If you were BPS would you have bought Cabela’s if you didn’t get the name? Cabela’s is gone. The distribution centers are gone. Stores are gone or rebranded.

Cabelas was a great American success story. Selling out for the big check was the option they had to take.

queenswake
    NULL

Honestly, what was the play here had Cabela’s not sold? Yes, younger people are camping and fishing more than they used to, but they get their stuff at REI, Walmart, or Amazon. Cabela’s is for a generation that already has everything. Honestly, just on this forum, I’m betting all of us have full tackle boxes, racks full of rods, and safes full of guns.

Cabela’s ran its course as a catalog operation who built a strong name for a generation that already has collected everything and/or is dead. So you cash out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any idea if the annual spend for hunting, fishing, camping equipment industries in the USA is declining or increasing?

Wonder if the younger sportsmen need/buy as much “stuff” as us old-timers over the years….

I wonder where you can get a flannel or heavy hunting shirt that is so well made it is darn near wind-proof. I don’t wear my old Herter’s and Cabela’s shirts for fear of wearing them out…. can’t replace em….

Union shop in Wyoming MN. Everything made in the USA at a great cost. Small little shop that’s ran great and dedicated to selling USA made clothing, boots, games. And all sorts of Everything

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>trophy19 wrote:</div>

Union shop in Wyoming MN. Everything made in the USA at a great cost. Small little shop that’s ran great and dedicated to selling USA made clothing, boots, games. And all sorts of Everything

ive bought stuff from them…yep good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“Honestly, just on this forum, I’m betting all of us have full tackle boxes, racks full of rods, and safes full of guns.“

Hey careful, my wife might be reading this mrgreen

SR

nord

I just remember the tent sale Cabela’s had in August or September. Fantastic prices!

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.