Looking like its time to travel

• Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Really getting frustrated with the population around here. Just got in from calling most of the night. NOTHING. No responses, no tracks, just dead. I’ve been out following the last couple snow falls to set a few traps and found a pair of fox tracks. Haven’t seen a coyote track within 15 miles of my house. Unreal. Good for the deer and small game, but doesn’t cure my itchy trigger finger

stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

You can always come help me!!!

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

You can always come help me!!!

Hmm, ice fishing a few wing dams for eyes and popping a few dogs in the same week If I get some down time to have 3 or 4 days off in a row, maybe we need to have an IDO coyote shoot up that way. I know in WI you need a non res small game for coyote hunting if your from MN. What’s the rules for WI guys in MN – other than the Vikes desperately wanting us

stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

Whatchoo talkin’ ’bout Willis? Aren’t we both from WI or is someone hiding some posts???

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I think it would be fun to gat a few guys together and make a hit list of a few properties including public for a little IDO hunting GTG.

johnee
    Participant

I have coyote tracks all over God’s white earth in the area where I’m hunting. There’s a coyote dung pile about every 100 yards on every township road.

Problem is getting to areas where you can set up to call with the snow now being 26 inches deep. I’ve got 2 new VAST areas of state land that have coyote trails going in/out, but 1000 acres of land is only good if you can access it to get to calling.

I’m not done hunting because of lack of coyotes, it’s the snow depth that has me at a standstill. Note to self, get out more in the early season next year. And get a snow machine.

Grouse

Jason Beaulieu
    Participant
    Wisconsin

I feel your frustrations Randy! Simply put I am currently at an average of 1-34 sits (if you even call it any sort of an average) have made 68 total and called in two,(and of course no shot opportunities) have barely made the same set twice, have made multiple all night excursions and nothing. The number of tracks/howl responses have been dismal. Been calling in the west central part of the state and east side of mn. (no license needed for yotes in mn. considered an unprotected specie)
    Heading west first week of february myself, I’m sure it’s the little things that are beginning to slowly make a difference in my sets but it’s tough to keep your head in the game with over 40 hours of calling.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Haha. Misery loves company. Worked our butts off last weekend in SD for a full day. Hunted daylight to dark on Friday. Wind was up a bit and that hurt us I think. But the crunchy snow hurt more. We simply couldn’t get into any places quietly. We could sure here them howling like mad at night around there. I think more people are hunting yotes than ever before. I don’t think that is helping our cause when it comes to educating the dogs.

hooknfinger
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

No offense to you guys but this is great news for my sanity.

I was starting to think I was the only one not getting anything.

Im in for ido coyote gtg!!!

stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

I think it would be fun to gat a few guys together and make a hit list of a few properties including public for a little IDO hunting GTG.

Have guns. Have ammo. Have camo. Have caller. WILL TRAVEL!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.