Possible new C&R record Muskie?

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Posted on FB, so we’ll have to wait and see if it gets verified.

58-1/2×24″ held by guy in green shirt.

Same outing was a bonus 52″ held by guy in yellow shirt.

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1595772804430.jpg

2. FB_IMG_1595772795047.jpg

3. FB_IMG_1595772814487.jpg

tomr
    Participant
    cottage grove, mn

Wow! Be fun to tie into one of those, I have only caught a 36″ on Minnetonka.

Snap
    Participant

I hope he pickled that. Muskie fillets don’t taste near as good!

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Nice. Wonder if that means the big pike and Muskie bite is picking up

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

Super Awesome!

tomr
    Participant
    cottage grove, mn

Andy I reread your post

“Same outing was a bonus 52″ held by guy in yellow shirt.”

When is a 52″ a bonus fish? What an awesome outing for those two.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

My gosh. Just one of those is the fish of a lifetime and they got two. I assume it was Mille Lacs.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

I was happy for these guys until I saw the camo crocs. I can’t jive with that.

Seriously, I assume they were basin trolling? Amazing fish. Good for them even though their choice of footwear leaves something to be desired.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Nice. Wonder if that means the big pike and <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Muskie bite is picking up

Oh yeah…it has.

Kent Buckingham caught 2 muskies one day the week we were staying at Fisher’s. He’s been reporting multiple large pike catches the last couple weeks also. He’s the one running that big red Evinrude, I’m sure you know who that is.

Yes, this was Mille Lacs and not sure how far out in the basin but I think they’re focusing on the east side near Malmo.

Word I’m hearing now is they did not get qualifying measurement photo as I assume they may not have been aware that the fish would have exceeded the current record C&R muskie by over an inch. frown

If it’s still alive and kicking this fall one might imagine a 60+ pound fish.

Edit…I meant 50+ pounds.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

With the way fishing is going the C&R records will basically be the record within ten or twenty years.

I agree, and I think they should establish a C & R state record for EVERY fish in the record books. Not just the “bigger” species. Right now I think the C & R record category exists for sturgeon, catfish, muskellunge (pure strain), and northern pike. Not sure why tiger muskellunge isn’t on there.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Good for them. I have been dreaming on making it over 50-1/2” and they do it twice in one outing. Wow!

Esox
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    Nice. Wonder if that means the big pike and <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Muskie bite is picking up

Oh yeah…it has.

Kent Buckingham caught 2 muskies one day the week we were staying at Fisher’s. He’s been reporting multiple large <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike catches the last couple weeks also. He’s the one running that big red Evinrude, I’m sure you know who that is.

Yes, this was Mille Lacs and not sure how far out in the basin but I think they’re focusing on the east side near Malmo.

Word I’m hearing now is they did not get qualifying measurement photo as I assume they may not have been aware that the fish would have exceeded the current record C&R <em class=”ido-tag-em”>muskie by over an inch. frown

If it’s still alive and kicking this fall one might imagine a 60+ pound fish.

Edit…I meant 50+ pounds.

No, I think you were right the first time. That fish would almost certainly be over 60 pounds in November.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.