Fishing and hunting banned on NWR and WPA’s

• mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

The StarTribune is reporting that all activities are banned including hunting and fishing on National Wildlife Refuges and Waterfowl Production Areas. This includes The Upper Mississippi NWR. You better be careful where you fish and hunt until the budget mess gets cleared up.

Mwal

fish_any_time
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Who’s going to be there to write a ticket? I doubt the MN DNR would attempt to enforce anything as they have more important things to chase.

bigpike
    Participant

Exactly, just a scare tactic. “The sky is falling, its falling the sky”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I know there’s Federal land that can be and is restricted, but since this is open to the public and WE are the actual owners of all government land…. Well, there better be signs up.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Seems to me there should be MORE land available to hunt since they cannot police it…

Jeff Matura
    Participant
    Sumner, IA

So the lock and dams are closed, there are no barges running on the river, and no fisherman today?

Scare tactic. Hope the gov is shutdown unil obahma care is no longer funded…

crossin_eyes
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

I hear Yellowstone is open for a wolf hunt….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The locks are exempt…although they won’t see a paycheck until the people cutting the checks are back to work.

If we can refrain from the finger pointing and more to how this mess is going to effect sportsmen, this post might last the rest of the day.

fish_any_time
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

If we can refrain from the finger pointing and more to how this mess is going to effect sportsmen, this post might last the rest of the day.

poomunk
    Participant
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I heard this on the radio driving into work, I was really tempted to call in, turn around and hook up the boat to go fish in the refuge simply out of spite.

Mike Stephens
    Participant
    WI.

If you find a boat in a refuge with a cold body in it, that’d be me. Please take my cold dead fingers off my fishin pole and take it to the authorities to prove it wasn’t AIS. Oh crap they’re not working neither.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d assume sheriffs and police would be checking them once in a while. Better hide your vehicles well.

Mike Stephens
    Participant
    WI.

But what if my vehicle is parked on my private land Pugs?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.