pool fence suggestions

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

Now that I have my patio slab done (finished it last summer, Bearcat be thankful you and your friends didn’t pour this, I f’ed up) I need to get a fence installed. It is probably around 50′ long, needs a gate and I want to put it on top of the concrete (drilled in anchors). I looked at the vinyl ones a little but they just look cheap. I am thinking 3-4′ high and I want to be able to see through it a little, no chainlink. Are there brands/types/things to stay away from, styles you have liked? better gate designs? I may end up doing 4X4 posts with 2 2X4 run between them and put dog eared cedar pickets on both sides if I don’t come up with something better. Thanks

Coletrain27

we have done 4-5 pool fences and they have all been black ornamental type. last i knew for code in mn the gate had to be spring loaded or close on its own behind you to keep small kids out. definetly would go 4×4 posts in the corners and for the gate or gates.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I want to be able to see through it a little

Please provide a picture of your wife and we will let you know how much we would like to see through it.
    Sorry I am not much help.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

side note here – You may want to let your home insurance company know that you are adding a pool. Most insurance policies have verbiage that states if a pool is added you will inform the insurance company. They often have fence requirements that have to be meet as well. You want want to find out this Info. to make sure the one you are planning meets their requirements.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

My first call would be to your local municipality to see what they’re requiring.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

We aren’t adding a pool and we will be to code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.