Pool 4 Report – 5/31

• ssperch
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

I made it out for a half day this past Sunday. I started off in the back channel long lining cranks up and downstream with nothing to show for my effords. I then switched over to draggin jigs/crawlers and put a few sheepies in the boat. I found a couple spots where I found some concentrated fish and started pitching the shoreline seams in 3 fow, this is when I was able to connect with a few good eyes in the low 20″ range. The key was to get your jig to sweep downstream just on the outside edge of the grass and wait for the ‘thunk’.

After a few hours in the back channel I headed for Maiden Rock to do some trolling. The 10-13 inch eyes and saugers were on fire in anywhere from 8-13 fow. A guy could stay very busy fishing 3 lines out there!

After a few more hours of this I decided to head back up looking for a few more big bites to wrap up the day. I found 2! One monster pike and a big ole drum… Wrong species but a fun way to wrap up the trip.

Tight Lines!

Sam

Pete Bauer
    Participant
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks for the update!

bitzenguy
    Participant
    ROCHESTER

Anyone been out in the last day or so? I am going out tonight for a few hours and
    was interested to hear if anyone has found any good patterns working.
    Thank You

bitzenguy
    Participant
    ROCHESTER

So I made it out tonight. Had a good night in terms of numbers. caught 16 walleyes. Sad part is, it was like every other time out this year. All 8-14″
    pulled lindy Rigs with crawlers. Also ran a spinner rig on a bottom bouncer in my rod holder. caught 3 on that one and the other 13 on the Lindy. All of my fish tonight seamed to come from 13-15 feet.
    Gonna try to get out again tomorrow, and try again to find some larger fish.
    Good luck to all!!

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

Still slow for me.

Made it out Friday afternoon. 4 from 15 to 18. Many other smaller ones. Crawlers and bottom bouncers.

I did notice a couple guys having ok luck with minnows but nothing spectacular.

bitzenguy
    Participant
    ROCHESTER

I am going to try to get out tonight right after work. I haven’t seen any posts this week so far.
    So I need one of you to tell me exactly where all of the 18-22″ walleyes will be tonight at approx 5:20pm. Also I am feeling extra lazy today so I will need someone to clean them for me tonight when I come off the water.

HA, Obviously that all was a poor attempt at a joke.

Last week I used pretty much all Lindy Rigs with crawlers and had some good outings. All small fish but I was happy to have some action. Most of my fish were in 13-14′

A friend of mine said that he was out on Tuesday night and ran into a family that was on the south end of the lake and claimed that they had caught approx 70. I don’t know if they had any size or keepers but it sounded like they were on them.

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

Hope you had better luck than me.

I fished from 2 to 6 and it was all tiny fish other than a couple of bigger sheepshead.

Argh.

bitzenguy
    Participant
    ROCHESTER

Hope you had better luck than me.

I fished from 2 to 6 and it was all tiny fish other than a couple of bigger sheepshead.

Argh.

Actually, I did do ok tonight. I finally got s couple of keepers. I did get 6 small fish again tonight but I also caught 2 fish a little over 17 and 1 just under. All 3 bigger fish came from the same area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.