POOL 4 BASS

• bitzenguy
    ROCHESTER

I am looking to find some nice fat largemouth to chase with my nephew. He is just getting into fishing and I would like to take him out soon but my only knowledge of Lake Pepin (pool 4 area ) is walleyes and I aint very good at that.
    Any help would sure be appreciated.
    Thank You

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’d head south of Pepin and check out Robinson Lake (south side of the main channel) or Nelson Bottom (north side of the channel). Both have very good bass habitat and with the higher water we’re experiencing you’ll be able to access both, SLOWLY your first time please, without running short on depth as these can be dicey to access for the first-timer during low water. But you should be in good shape now.

A white silver bladed spinnerbait was always a reliable place to start for the bass and don’t be surprised if you run into some BIG pike and walleye while the water is still high yet.

See attached maps. Robinson Lake is to the south of the main channel. Nelson Bottoms to the north.

Attachments:
    1. nav-app.png

2. google-maps.png

shockers
    Rochester

I don’t target bass, so whatever James said. I just like that his label is “Keymaster”.

Does that mean BK is the “Gatekeeper”?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I don’t target bass, so whatever James said. I just like that his label is “Keymaster”.

Does that mean BK is the “Gatekeeper”?

Before I respond I’m going to apologize for my response which is almost certain to completely derail this thread. Here goes, anyway…

If I’m the keymaster and BK is the gatekeeper… who’s the Gozer of Gozerian?

On a side note, I feel relived knowing that all those hours I’ve spent watching and re-watching that dumb movie weren’t a complete waste.

bitzenguy
    ROCHESTER

AWESOME!!
    Thank You James.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

AWESOME!!
    Thank You James.

You’re most welcome. Let us know how you do. I’ve had so many fun days fishing down there doing what you’re talking about that I’m jealous I’m not going.

bitzenguy
    ROCHESTER

MY nephew is only 12 and has been asking me to take him fishing. There is no way I want to take him walleye fishing with my limited experience fishing the river. But most of my life was spent bass fishing and I know how much fun it can be when you find a good area. And just to see his reaction to have a big bass explodes on at top water will be great for me. I think for kids, top water fishing can REALLY get them hook on fishing, they get to see them jump and they obviously know when they have a bite Plus, for the most part, it’s easy for them to do. They don’t really have to feel for the bite, or know if their deep enough etc…

flanders51

If I’m the keymaster and BK is the gatekeeper… who’s the Gozer of Gozerian?

The real question is: who is the “Stay Puft Marshmallow Man”?

Attachments:
    1. Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.