Pool 2 Report (2022)

• matt
    Participant

Nice fish!Picked up a few yesterday only around 20″ tho.The floating/suspended debris is getting out of hand,hopefully it flushes out soon.

dirtywater
    Participant

Nice fish!Picked up a few yesterday only around 20″ tho.The floating/suspended debris is getting out of hand,hopefully it flushes out soon.

Saw tons more floating down p1 on my drive to work this morning.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Nice fish Mike. waytogo

E4mo
    Participant

Good fish!!!

I didn’t find any big ones myself, last night, but I did find a whole lot of the crud flowing downstream.

mark z
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Out today from 10:30 till 2:00. River high, fast and dirty. 33 degrees. Lots of fish still marking around confluence. No fish marking at the dam. River really rolling over the dam. Very little fishable water at the locks.Caught 1 sucker at the cut at the north end of pike island.

dhpricco
    Participant
    Twin Cities, MN

Got out Saturday morning for the first time this year. Temps were around 38 degrees. Its was dirty and running pretty fast. We got skunked, but saw a couple get boated at both the dam and the confluences.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Out today from 10:30 till 2:00. River high, fast and dirty. 33 degrees. Lots of fish still marking around confluence. No fish marking at the dam. River really rolling over the dam. Very little fishable water at the locks.Caught 1 sucker at the cut at the north end of pike island.

I caught a redhorse near you that day.

Attachments:
    1. 549CD2A2-BCE5-42ED-A5FC-0DBC706A3EAD.png

Cody Meyers
    Participant

Was a lonely evening down there last night, plenty of parking. Water was moving good and dirty. Fishing was slow, caught one dink, but we marked a good number of fish.

E4mo
    Participant

Cody, What was the water temp?

Cody Meyers
    Participant

Water temp was a pretty consistent 39 everywhere we went.

Cody Meyers
    Participant

Must be slow going down there…or folks don’t want to deal with the rising river and the chilly wind. I may try to get out this weekend if it isn’t howling.

matt
    Participant

Fished yesterday water is rising and dirty.Fishing wasnt bad.They would bump a minnow or grab it by the tail and ripp it off the hook,but they smoked a plastic.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looks like they may have found the young man who jumped off the 494 bridge last month.

Body found in Mississippi River in Washington County
    According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, BNSF Railway reported a body along the shore just after 5 p.m., north of Lock and Dam No. 2.

Credit: David Peterlinz, KARE 11
    Author: David Griswold
    Published: 8:01 PM CDT April 20, 2022
    Updated: 8:21 PM CDT April 20, 2022
    Facebook Twitter

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Minnesota — A man’s body was pulled from the Mississippi River Wednesday evening in Denmark Township in Washington County.

According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, BNSF Railway reported a body along the shore just after 5 p.m., just north of Lock and Dam No. 2. The identity of the man and the cause of death will be released by the medical examiner.

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

I ran down on Friday to check on the water. 47 degrees and the females are showing back up down river. They look great too!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looking like a good spring flush out for this weekend!

-J.

Attachments:
    1. pool2.png

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That’s what I was thinking. Water levels going up are setting up for some fantastic fishing.

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

I agree. We can use the water. The fish I caught on Friday were on seams but in the fast water. We had good flow but could use a lot more IMO!

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

I was out yesterday and what a difference from last weekend. The water is up about 1.5 ft and the debris in the water was terrible. I dont mind the logs but the grass yesterday was everywhere. It made fishing crankbaits pretty tough. No way you could troll but even casting was not easy if you were on the main channel.

Water temps averaged 51 degrees in the main channel and water clarity is down to 3-4 inches. I think we are going to have some really good fishing in front of us once the water is done cresting and this debris/grass stops running.

I caught a few fish yesterday. All females. 23-28 inches. I have yet to catch a male on my two runs down there this week. They should be back down river now or anytime soon. I think there are a lot of fish still working their way down river.

#7 cranks and pitching plastics caught fish yesterday.

Attachments:
    1. walleye-p2-5-4-22.png

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

We went for a walk down by the 494 access. Water looks very dirty and high, the cement divider between ramps is under water and not visible. And the stuff coming down river, wow! Big tree after big tree. Be careful out there folks.

SR

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Looks awful nice out. Think I will head down this eve with the pooch and check things out. Hope a lot of the debris has flushed through by now.

DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Looks awful nice out. Think I will head down this eve with the pooch and check things out. Hope a lot of the debris has flushed through by now.

I trust the river was more clean? I might do my “opener” on Pool 2 this year, weekend weather looks good too.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

We fished south of the airport. Clarity was good and the debris is mostly gone. Water temp is already 59 and the fish were hungry. We caught them trolling flicker shad and casting plastics and it was steady action. Biggest was 25 which I got on a liquid willow cat.

We got into some sumo-sauger and Otis got his PB. Dog got to swim for a half-hour too. Everybody’s happy. toast

Mike Otis
    Participant

Happy as a clam!

Hoping to transfer some of that success into a BWCAW trip I’m starting tomorrow morning. Ice just came off up there, and we’re going to have some strong sunshine hitting those rocks. Fingers crossed for an awesome shallow water bite up there.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Slow out there today. The rain from the other night is flushing through the system. Water is very dirty and a lot of debris coming down.

A little higher water should set up for a good bite when it clears out.

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

Stopped by the 494 access this afternoon. The barricades are up blocking the access. Water is up onto Turnaround Island. Lots of big trees and debris moving by very quickly.

SR

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Anybody know the latest price to launch at willie’s? Still 10 bones?

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I haven’t used Willie’s in a year or two but that was what it was last time that I used the Willie’s Ramp.

DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I haven’t used Willie’s in a year or two but that was what it was last time that I used the Willie’s Ramp.

is Lions under water? I used it on Sunday, it a mess, but usable?

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

Anybody know the latest price to launch at willie’s? Still 10 bones?

Levee was still open when I launched on Wednesday.. Not sure about now. I am sure a 10.00 bill will do the trick at willies. If they are not around I just dump in and use the drop box to pay. They don’t always have envelopes at the box so I write a note and fold the 10 bucks into the paper….

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.