Pool 2 Heads up this Sat 6/19

• 3Rivers
    Participant

Pool 2 anglers. Just a friendly heads up that there will be a 40+ boat catfish contest this Sat the 19th at the 494 ramp.
    If I was planning to be there I would like to know so I’m passing along the info for those that might not want to be surprised by a full parking lot when they get there. Thanks for your understanding and sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Thanks for the heads-up. What time do they launch? Is there info online somewhere?

3Rivers
    Participant

I’m guessing boats will start staging around 2 or 3 pm. 5pm takeoff and fish till Midnight. so it shouldn’t affect any of you morning folks.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Oh wow. Parking for 40+ boats on a Saturday afternoon might be a challenge for you guys too. There are only about 35 legit spots there plus the back lot. But there will be other fisherman/pleasure boaters out too. I’m sure it will all work out though.

I have been seeing a lot of cat guys out lately and was wondering why. Should be a good tourney – I can’t seem to keep the cats off my line lately. A DT10 slow rolled over wood/rock in current just a bit too low for walleye always seems to get me in trouble with flatheads this time of year.

jp

DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

40 boats, 80 cat fisherman, oh, I hope the wind isn’t blowing from the north! Stink bait alone would keep me in the house.

3Rivers
    Participant

You won’t find 1 tub of stink bait in those 40 boats. They know better.

Biggest 2 fish for your boat and you will need at least 50 pounds to win some $ and closer to 70 to take first. These guys ain’t messin around.

It’s definitely going to be a bit of a cluster for parking, but some people will be using LL and other private marinas to put their boat in.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

So, what’s a big catfish for P2? 70# to win with 2 fish is crazy!

I’ve pulled a few decent channels…..at least I thought they were decent ones out of P2. Sounds like the 10ish # fish I catch are akin to a 15” walleye😳.

3Rivers
    Participant

So, what’s a big <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>catfish for P2? 70# to win with 2 fish is crazy!

I’ve pulled a few decent channels…..at least I thought they were decent ones out of P2. Sounds like the 10ish # fish I catch are akin to a 15” walleye😳.

Here’s a typical leaderboard for this contest:

Attachments:
    1. wr.png

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    So, what’s a big <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>catfish for P2? 70# to win with 2 fish is crazy!

Here’s a typical leaderboard for this contest:

I’m never swimming in P2 again!

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Take off is fun to watch. All those different cat boats racing down or up river to their spots. Everything from Rangers to boats your not sure if they are going to come apart right in front of you.

Good luck everyone.

Is the contest full?

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Anybody know how they did out there? I was out fishing Sat-PM till about 5pm and missed all the action. frown

tight_lines
    Participant
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like there was a pretty tough bite out there. 40 boats and more than 80 anglers and they ended up registering 15 total fish. Winning boat had a 19lb flatty and around a 10lb channel for their two fish.

Sounds like a fun event and hope I can join one of these years!

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Sounds like there was a pretty tough bite out there. 40 boats and more than 80 anglers and they ended up registering 15 total fish. Winning boat had a 19lb flatty and around a 10lb channel for their two fish.

Sounds like a fun event and hope I can join one of these years!

thx for the update!

3Rivers
    Participant

Yes, it was by far the slowest contest out there we’ve had. I had prizes set up for 20+lb fish and I had to do random drawings since a 20lber never showed up. ) Sure was a fun time though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.