Pool 2 Fall Hog Haul 2020

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Pool 2, Fall Hog Haul and Get Together.

Come join us for the Fall Hog Haul at Lions Levee park on Saturday Oct 3rd. This will be a fun and friendly catch, photo, release contest followed with a pot luck cook out on the island at Lions levee park.
    Fishing contest info and rules:

Take off and Finish: Lion’s Levee landing, St Paul Park, MN. Pool 2, Mississippi River.
    Date: Saturday Oct, 3rd 2020

Contest Time: 8am to 2pm.
    Entry fee: $25 per person with an Optional $5 per person for big fish pot.
    Boats: Contest is limited to 25 boats.
    Teams: In trying to make this a fun, social contest we allow both 2 person and 3 person teams.

Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members. Pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements. A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island. I will be set up at the park by 7am for registration.

Teams will need to provide their own camera/phone and fish measuring board for this event. Cameras/phone need to have a display so fish photos can be verified at end of contest. Winning teams will need to email all photos to tournament judge.

Launch time is at 8am and will be a shot gun start. Boats will stage on the river side of the island as directed for take off. Please use caution during take off. Larger boats watch out for smaller boats. Smaller boats please heed way to larger boats taking off.

Fishing time ends at 2pm. All boats will need to be back to Lions levee and boat sheets turned in by 220pm. Fish caught after 2pm will not count and are not to be recorded on the boat sheet.

All size walleyes, saugers or saugeyes count as legal fish for the contest. There is no size limit for this contest.
    All fish must be caught by legal MN fishing methods. Only one line per person. Illegally caught or kept fish will be disqualified.

MEASUREMENT and RECORDING of LENGTHS
    All fish that are entered in the contest will need to have a length measurement and photo verification of the fish using the following method:

Fish measurement and recording. Fish measurements are to be taken with the nose of fish touching 0 end of measuring board. The fish tail will need to be pinched and centered on the other end of the measuring board. Take measurement to the nearest 1/4 inch. Record this measurement on the provided boat sheet. There is no limit to the number of fish that can be recorded.

Photo record. The fish needs to be on the fish ruler with head touching 0 side and pinched tail touching the center of the ruler visible on the other side. Both ends of the fish and control item need to be visible in photo. Photos of winning teams fish will need to be presented to judges on Saturday for verification. Winning teams will need to email all photos to tournament judge.

Each team will need to provide their own camera/phone and fish measuring board for the event. Please make sure cameras/phones are fully charged and in good working order before contest.

At the end of the contest each team will need to total up their 5 longest fish and add this measurement to the team total space at the bottom of boat sheet. If needed please circle the 5 fish used for the total length measurement. Boat sheets need to be turned into judges by 220pm at Lion Levee. We will be located on the island at the park across from the landing. The top teams will need to present their fish photos to the judges at this time for verification. You must have photos to win. The big fish will be verified at this time also. Award presentation will follow.

Any disputes will be handled by the judges. Any ties in measurements will be broken by the team with the largest recorded fish or coin toss if needed.

PAYOUT:
    Top three places will be paid as follows.
    1st place… 50%
    2nd place… 30%
    3rd place… 20% of entry fees collected.

Big fish winner gets 100% of big fish entry fees.

Please practice good sportsmanship and safe boating practices. Wearing of life jackets is encouraged at all times and is required while on plane.

Judges will be Mike Westman and Jon Jordan Please feel free to contact Mike or me with any questions or problems during the contest.

Please reply to this post with the team member names. This will help speed along the morning sign up.

The weigh in and Get Together are open for everyone. Hope to have a big pot luck and fish fry again.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Dave maze
    John holte

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Matt Moen
    Tyler Birkel

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Eric and I are in for the repeat this year.

Deuces

My boat won’t be in for the repeat last place this year. Someone else will have to take that crown from us doah

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My boat won’t be in for the repeat last place this year. Someone else will have to take that crown from us doah

I think this was our crown jester

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Mike Lutterman
    Tony Duppong

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Drew and Phil Engelmeyer.

@Mike
    – It’ll be a little tougher with more boats this year. grin

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Tough was us guys that fished in the monsoon last year. Or maybe we just didn’t know any better.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’m just going to show up for the cookies.

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

I’m just going to show up for the cookies.

mrgreen mrgreen
    Wait am I making cookies or cinnamon apple bread?

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Tough was us guys that fished in the monsoon last year. Or maybe we just didn’t know any better.

True! I can’t believe you guys fished it. I bailed (pun intended) along with my dad and 8 month pregnant wife. At least they had excuses! Hoping for a beautiful sunny day in the 50’s.

tharms
    Minnesota

River back to normal it will be nice if can stay that way.

Tim Harms
    Chad Kruse
    Kyle Steinfeldt

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

I will be there for the potluck and I’ll be bringing homemade cookies, my cinnamon apple bread, and of course Billy’s apple pie drink to share. I’ve even got some mini dixie cups so people can sample as they like! 😁

And I’ll bring that bottle of fireball for you, Matt!

buschman
    Pool 2

I will be there for the potluck and I’ll be bringing homemade cookies, my cinnamon apple bread, and of course Billy’s apple pie drink to share. I’ve even got some mini dixie cups so people can sample as they like! 😁

Sharon, you just made up my mind for me! I am in. Between the chance of some sliders and knowing I can wash it down with apple pie shots you cant go wrong!

Mike count my boat in. I will see if John wants to fish it again this year.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I had a bit of a run in with fireball last weekend on LOTW…..hopefully 3 weeks off the stuff and I’ll be good to go!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>

True! I can’t believe you guys fished it. I bailed (pun intended) along with my dad and 8 month pregnant wife. At least they had excuses! Hoping for a beautiful sunny day in the 50’s.

My feet are still wet

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Team Jon J, Dave B and Joel E.

-J.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Couldn’t edit my previous post.

Mike Lutterman
    Tony Duppong
    Sam Rada

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Just thinking out loud here, but it’d sure be a lot of fun if James Holst showed up! anyone able to put the bug in his ear?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Just thinking out loud here, but it’d sure be a lot of fun if James Holst showed up! anyone able to put the bug in his ear?

We could take one more in our boat…..

buschman
    Pool 2

Hi all, we will be there. Repeat group from last year. We got soaked last year but had a blast. Looking forward to it.

Joe
    Jason
    Bryan

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Will be good to see you guys there again Parker and Devin.

Getting excited for the contest and fishing pool 2 again. Think March was the last time I was out there. Guessing not much has changed.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Reminder!

The weigh in and Get Together are open for everyone. Hope to have a big pot luck and fish fry again.

Weigh in and awards 2:30 to 3:00pm Pot luck after.

I will be bringing a fish fryer and some shore lunch breading/batter mix. Have a couple bags of fish. So feel free to clear out the freezer and bring some fish to share.

I’ll also have paper plates, plastic forks/spoons/knikes, paper towels. Basic picnic supplied for everyone to use.

Will plan to set up on the island. But this area is first come – first served. Play it by ear at weigh in. If the island spots are taken, we will set up on hill next to the parking lot.

Looking a little on the cool side but don’t see rain in the forecast!!

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have a few bags from the Missouri river this spring. Fish fry sounds fantastic.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

World’s most coveted trophy in all of competitive walleye fishing.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6985.jpg

2. IMG_6984.jpg

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Anyone looking for a partner? I’m planning on fishing but would rather not do it alone.

deertracker

The team to win it in 2011 was quite the dream team…. coffee
    DT

buschman
    Pool 2

The weather forecast is looking pretty good. Chilly but no wind and no rain so that should make it for a really nice day. Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

John, do you have a good count on boats yet?? If we need more I can try to round up some more fisher people.

I ran down there for a couple hours last night. That water is low and slow!!! Pretty much the opposite of last year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.