Point one gps puck

• walleyeguy000
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

I was looking into buying a point one gps puck. I have three lowrance Hds linked together thru Ethernet cords thru the structure scan. I was wonder if you hook up the puck thru the nmea cord to one unit if it will go thru the Ethernet cord to the other units or it will just work for one depth finder?? Or if it only goes to one depthfinder, is there a way to get it on all three depthfinders??

Kirt
    Participant
    Lakeville

All units off of NMEA 2000

walleyeguy000
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

So I will have to network the units together with nmea like I did the Ethernet cables?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If I’m not mistaken Mr. W. Guy, once the Point One is plugged into one head unit, it can be selected from all others on the Ethernet.

walleyeguy000
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Cool I was hoping so. Didn’t wanna mess around with getting them all hooked up to nmea cords. Thank you

Crappy Fisherman
    Participant

How much better is the Point1 compared to the internal GPS on the gen3 HDS ?

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

In my hds gen 2 it made a noticeable difference

hottoddytipup
    Participant
    Crystal

Where do you guys have you pucks mounted? Transom or by the console?

John Shear
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

If you see an object on your console sonar and mark a waypoint, you want the GPS receiver near the transducer so you’re marking the coordinates where you physically see the object. If the puck is 8 ft from your transducer, your waypoint will be 8 ft from the physical object you see.

For me, the big advantage of the Point-1 is the magnetic compass so the screen cursor always points in the direction the boat is facing – not in the direction you’re drifting/traveling. That’s very nice when precision fishing structure/cover in deep water.

Crappy Fisherman
    Participant

Talked to the Lowrance guys at the sportsman show yesterday. They said each unit must be connected to the nema network to use it. It will not network thru the Ethernet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.