PISCIFUN VENOM REELS

• riverfishin11
    Participant

Anyone have these reels great price looking for reviews

Dave maze
    Participant
    Isanti

Most people have tried cheap reels. You get what you pay for every time when it comes to reels. If you fish alot, it won’t last. If you fish twice a year, it will. Amazon reviews are not reliable.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

According to this site it’s rated #1

10 Best Reels

Granted it was up against
    #2 An Air Hose Reel

#5 Garden Hose Reel

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Oh sure, Caught it on a #5 garden hose reel. Running .095 weed wacker string with a flourocarbon leader of course.

I disagree with Dave to an extent. No experience with piscifun, but caught a lot of fish last summer on a kast king rover, trolled many hours with it and it didn’t fail me. It’s not an ambassadeur or a calcutta and I don’t expect it to last 10 years; but it’s far from garbage and certainly worth the modest price.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

The specs sound good. They are super lightweight with all the ball bearings you’d want. Take it with a grain of salt, but they get good reviews on their site. Oddly, they also sell other manufacturers reels on their site?

For the price it may be worth a shot. For instance I don’t surf fish a lot, but when we go to the beach I like to fish. So their surf set ups would be worth a shot. Also maybe nice to have some as extra reels when we have visitors.

Dave maze
    Participant
    Isanti

I’ve wasted a bunch of money on crappy reels. Just giving advise on the longevity of them. Value reels have a tendency to wear out. Better, name brand reels can be repaired. To the op question, I do not know anybody with that brand of reel. So I cannot give you a review. To the op, How much are you willing to spend on a reel? How often will you use it? What species are you going to target? We can give you a brand and model reel that will work for you with that info.

ponyexpress
    Participant

I had a longer response typed out and then I ended up getting logged out and it didn’t post. For the money, I’d buy a Shimano Sienna before the Piscifun. It’s fairly smooth, but the drag is pretty jerky, line management isn’t great, and mine came way over lubricated.

wormdunker
    Participant

I was curious about this as well… I have played with a few. They are junk. I guy I work with bought 3 sizes. Everyone had a different quirk. you could tell the bearings are not of any quality. The smallest one is not as small as a 500 sized Shimano or Tica.

THe 1000 sized handle cranks very close to the bail, you will actually nock your knuckles on the bail spring.

I have a feeling these are in that category of No 8/eagle claw and other reels where you can gamble and try to Get a good one but most will be of poor quality.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

I have one of the Piscifun baitcaster all in all it has been a very good reel I have the spool for throwing light baits such as Crappie Crankbaits. I put it on my GLoomis NRX 802C just to see how it compares to my Core 50 It is not the Core but for the $89 versus $350 it has been a solid reel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.