Pike trolling

• Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I usually set it 3-5 feet shallower than the depth I’m in. Some guys will have 2 or 3 rigs set at different depths.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Called power corking and can be really affective.

I could never quite grasp that concept. How do you set your depth so quickly?

Your either on top of the flat or off. Fish will tell you where to set. If you are on top early or late in 25ft with fish 2 ft off bottom set it above there head. It’s called a flat for a reason.
    And what net guy said. I am not chasing fish way up in water column with this technique, unless they are all up there chasing bait. Trust your electronics with live scope and can be like shooting fish in a barrel.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I usually set it 3-5 feet shallower than the depth I’m in. Some guys will have 2 or 3 rigs set at different depths.

OK well that does make some sense but don’t you still need to put the clip depth weight on and adjust your bobber stop so that the bait is about a foot off the bottom?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Usually more than a foot I let the fish tell me how high off bottom they are.
    Shouldn’t have to adjust much at all out on the mud flats. If I am fishing more depth contour like rock reefs I will run multiple rods.

deertracker
    Participant

I use my rod to help adjust depth when I’m not on a flat. I run an 8 foot bobber rod. I’m in 26 feet of water, it’s 3 lengths of my rod. I also have marks up the rod every 2 feet.
    DT

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

OK well that does make some sense but don’t you still need to put the clip depth weight on and adjust your bobber stop so that the bait is about a foot off the bottom?

I usually set it for a specific depth at first, say 24 feet, and then adjust the bobber stop if need be like Deertracker said. Typically you are marking at a similar depth so not much if any adjustments are needed. Especially on Mille Lacs, if you are 1 foot or 4 feet above them they will see it and eat…or not.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I could never quite grasp that concept. How do you set your depth so quickly?

Brad break this down very well. waytogo

-J.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Brad break this down very well.

That is a very informative video. Thank you.

I think speed corkin or speed bobberin makes a lot more sense than calling it power bobbering. I am shocked by the weight and size of the bobber that he is using too. Having 3 or 4 setups ready for various depths makes sense. My experience bobber fishing is using a slip bobber. We mark fish, anchor, set our depths, and then wait. Clearly this is a much more active way of going about it.

I noticed he had a bunch of fish in his livewell. Must not have been fishing on Mille Lacs lol.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

I use almost the exact same set up as Brad. Slightly different bobber. Out on the mud you really only need one set up.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.