Pike Lake Chain, Iron River WI Bayfield Co. Any intel?

• icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

Hey everyone,

I will be heading up to camp in Iron River WI with a couple guys, and have never fished the area whatsoever. I’ve done all the research I can and have studied maps for a few weeks identifying potential spots so I think I have some ideas of where to start. But as this is a phenomenal resource I thought I’d throw it out there to you fine folks on IDO. Any pointers for me and the guys as far as tactics go for eyes/panfish? I know the Pike Lake chain is very clear and mostly deep. I intend to target eyes mostly in the early morning and late evening and then chase panfish most of the remaining time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to p.m. that’s fine, will gladly share what I learn on the trip or exchange other info if I can help out.

Thanks!

mike mulhern
    Participant

When you going? giveme a call a 715 533 2114 I fish that system some.

Mike

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

Will be up there this Wed (7/14) through Friday (7/16). I’ll give you a ring if I am riding the struggle bus to find them.

Gobbler
    Participant

Fire tiger shad raps trolled at night.14′-20′, busky bay for panfish.

icefanatic11
    Participant
    Birnamwood, WI

Thanks for the reply Gobbler! I have never done much night trolling but these lakes I can certainly understand that the night bite sure might be the ticket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.