Pictures

• riverruns
    Inactive

Why don’t the pictures that we include as an attachment show up the right way (not sideways or upside down)? Should I and others do something different before we send them? Thanks.

bullcans
    Participant
    Northfield MN

Good question cause I was wondering the same thing waytogo

deertracker
    Participant

If I hold my phone horizontal when I take the picture it works fine. Vertical it does not.
    DT

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ll assume that many come right off an IPhone and those cameras can be formatted different from a regular camera. Also, most cameras that are not a part of an Ipad, tablet or I phone need to be hosted on a separate site. Pictures can be manipulated on the host site to be upright instead of sideways or upside down.

deertracker
    Participant

I should add that my phone is a Galaxy S6 and when I take pictures the bottom of my phone is on my right side.
    DT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If I hold my phone horizontal when I take the picture it works fine. Vertical it does not.

DT hit the nail hard. Although photos don’t NEED to be hosted on another site, we don’t have a feature to flip the photo’s around.

Generally I’ll use Mac’s Preview and Save As, then up load them to this site. (It’s a PITA)

Hopefully we’ll have something to change orientation in the future. Just not sure when.

@justdave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.