pickerel lake east campground. 4th of July weekend!

• Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Finally going to get my fiancee out to the glacial lakes area! Any tips for mid summer? Never been my self. Should I fish pickerel for walleye and perch? Or am I better off going to area lakes? Thanks!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

First I want to say how impressed we were with the campground, everything was beautiful and well kept, only fished pickerel lake for a couple hours, but found a couple walleye, small mouth bass, pike and a nice perch! Fished bitter Saturday and Sunday morning for a couple hours and the bite is crazy! 50 plus fish a morning and plenty of quality keepers! Stopped by enemy swim Saturday afternoon and caught a couple walleye, small mouth bass, and some great bluegill! All and all, great weekend! Wish we would have stayed the week!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1586.jpg

2. IMG_1567.jpg

3. IMG_1591.jpg

4. KIMG0613.jpg

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Looks like you had a good trip. I can’t wait to get back out there. I’m headed back on the 24th of July with my 13 year old son. Hope we do as good as you did this weekend.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks! We had a blast. I have never had much of an issue catching walleye out there, normally just the bluegill and perch that stump me.

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

I hear ya, its funny how the walleyes seem easier to catch out that way than the panfish. I still haven’t been able to get on an open water perch bite. In the winter the perch are easier to find or just bite better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.