Picked it up today

• Mike

Couldn’t be happier. Workmanship, form and fit is outstanding. Thanks to all who provided suggestions helping me to choose this model and in choosing options.

I was surprised to learn that Mercury does not recommend a separate fuel water separator. I contacted Merc and they are concerned separators may restrict fuel. They said their fuel filter, which includes a separator built in, is enough and to change it according to their recommendations.

I do have a few questions:
    1. I have the standard dowco cover,1 ratchet on each side ….can I trailer with this cover?
    2. I was provided Motor Stix instead of what I consider a typical transom saver. Are these acceptable?
    3. I was told to be carful mounting the vhf antenna near the side of the boat as some higher docks could cause damage. Where would you recommend it be mounted?

I welcome any input and recommendations on these questions and anything else.

I’ll post more pics after rigging is complete.

Thanks. Mike

Attachments:
    1. A7250198-75A5-4BEE-A6C3-ABEA36502FED.jpeg

2. 98E6F7BA-5CE4-4BDC-AE52-E8CFECF74911.jpeg

3. 424F2554-15BF-4F3C-AA12-98FB41A28C28.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I bet you really got the itch for some open water now. cool

snelson223
    Austin MN

I have the dowco cover but I usually don’t travel with it on unless its raining.

I have my vhf antenna mounted on the drivers side in front of the windshield. This is on a 208. Looks like you have some work to do mounting graphs.

Musky Ed

Have mine mounted on the drivers side, right in front of the windshield also. Make sure you use a quick detach antenna and mount. You can use a rod sock to protect it when you store it in your rod box when not used. Some mount on the passenger side also, I would just mount on what ever side your radio is mounted. Boat center mounted my radio right in the dash. You’ll need to get a registration # for your radio to use all features. Someplaces charge for this, I found one that was free, but it took some looking. Nice boat.

Ripjiggen

Nice rig. I don’t own a warrior anymore but a fiberglass boat still.

1. Yes you can trailer with cover. I only do it when it’s raining. Don’t like how covers rub on fiberglass over time.

2. Yes they work great although you will have people debating this vs a traditional transom saver. I use a similar product and have for years and my transom has never been an issue.

3 I mounted mine just in front of windshield or I have seen mounted to floor just inside gunnel to avoid what you are talking about.

Sodie
    Alma , Wisconsin

Congratulations! Beautiful Rig.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Beautiful boat. Congrats and enjoy. waytogo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.