Perch on a Tear on Pool 8

• Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I live in SE Wisconsin as well Chuck. It has been a struggle to find safe ice near home but this cold snap is definitely helping! Good luck this winter.

Yea, I’m in Racine and spent a lot of time trying to figure out where water was available like the show you and James did in Madison last year….

I’ll be busting my kayak out a couple tunes next summer to explore more on the big river. Had some great help this summer from an IDO regular – I’m firmly hooked on it now.

Pj Vick
    Participant

WTG PJ. Those are just beautiful perch. applause
    Wish you were here i could have the fish fryer going in 3 minutes.

Thank you very much! If I was there I would happily share! I might even be impressed with you whipping up dinner in record timing lol.

Pj Vick
    Participant

Good job Mr.Vick those are some damn nice perch.
    I wish i could find a few of those on pool 10,at least more than 1 at a time.
    Once again good job PJ.

Thank you Chuck! Those jumbos bring out the kid in me every time we are lucky enough to get on them. I have a feeling this winter it is going to be a bit easier than on a typical year for all of us.With the low water many of the backwaters they are spread out through are dry or just not deep enough. If a guy can find 3-4 fow with weed growth near the main channel without flow it should be holding fish!

Pj Vick
    Participant

Yea, I’m in Racine and spent a lot of time trying to figure out where water was available like the show you and James did in Madison last year….

I’ll be busting my kayak out a couple tunes next summer to explore more on the big river. Had some great help this summer from an IDO regular – I’m firmly hooked on it now.
    [/quote] It is definitely a bit tricky in our neck of the woods down south to find a good bite that doesn’t have a bunch of fishing pressure.

I like the kayak idea! You’ll be able to explore all the nooks and crannies that are tough to get to. When I lived up on the Mississippi I would take my jon boat all throughout the backwaters scouting for potential ice spots while fishing along the way.Those scouting missions paid off big in the long run.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.