Peak runoff, muddy water, Trout

• Tyler Thimsen

June has been a crazy month, lots of basketball coaching and trying to fish when I can.

Had some time on my hands and I got out to a stretch in between Glenwood and Carbondale on the Roaring Fork. We hit the water at about 2:45, it was 96 degrees out, barely any clouds, the water had barely any visibility, and since it was peak runoff, even going a yard into the water felt dangerous. The currents were super rough. Not ideal fishing conditions but still got some takers.

Water temp was about 54 degrees and we were just using HD Trout crankbaits, I got one on their Z-spec model but didn’t use it much since we had to fish so close to shore. Was hanging up every other cast it seemed. Same with the J-Spec. ULTRA slow cranking, with every bite coming right off the side of the bank. All brown trout for this afternoon fishing session.

Went over some things I like to target during these peak runoff times, again not ideal for a crazy day on the water, but you can still get some fish if you’re patient. Hope you enjoy the pictures, video link below as always!

Attachments:
    1. SnapShot27-2.jpg

2. SnapShot25.jpg

3. SnapShot24-1.jpg

4. SnapShot23-1.jpg

5. SnapShot20.jpg

6. SnapShot19-1.jpg

7. SnapShot17.jpg

8. SnapShot9.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.