The West Meets Canada

• Chad Thompson
    Participant
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Most call it crazy… between chasing down bears, shooting more grouse than clays at the trap range, baiting wolves and butchering moose, I head to Wyoming to hunt elk, mule deer and, of course, antelope.

My return here to Canada closes out another chapter in our ongoing pursuit to conquer the west (ya right!) and is another one for the memory books. At trips end, we harvested 3 antelope, 2 mule deer and my first elk. (Sorry fellas, I am not a trophy hunter so no big rack on this ol’ girl.)

Tomorrow I am headed back to Northern Wisconsin where of course I may take a crack at some white tails??? (I hear Ganarud over in northern Minnesota took up white tail hunting for the first time this year. We are rooting for him back in this neck of the woods.) My return to the US marks the start of the busy season of bookings, seminars and the occasional sports show.

I am getting a lot of questions about this winter. At this point, we are keeping the deluxe cabins open until at least New Years and then we will see how the season plays out. James has also threatened to come up and film an ice show in pursuit of hog walleyes on Onaman. Still waiting on a few things to fall into place before we embark on that adventure.

As always, if you or anyone you know is looking for information on anything related to Canada (border crossings, hunting, fishing ect) have them give me a shout. Our toll free 866 333 5943 rings right to my cell phone and of course my email remains [email protected].

Until next time…

timbuc2eyes
    Participant
    Mntana

What! a canadian drinking Miller Light!! somethings wrong with that photo,eh

Johnsy
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

looks like a blast congrats btw you should post these over on the hunting side, they’d love to see the pics and hear the story

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.