Fishing Report – 06/23/11

• Chad Thompson
    Participant
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

S.O.S, S.O.S…

Walleyes everywhere. We are being overrun. Send help… need serious anglers with the ability to catch fish. They are using monster pike as a smoke screen to invade…

On a serious note, it was another stellar week of fishing. Check out the 44” hog from Lake Nipigon on Monday. That was only one of several 40” class fish landed and seen that day.

We crushed walleyes on the smaller lakes using Berkley Alive. Although the winds have been consistently out of the east for the last 3 days (I typically dislike east winds), they have been favorable in schooling bait fish and ultimately feeding game fish.

On average, walleyes are in 5 – 12FOW, of course depending on the lake. Yesterday it was an all out slaughter on one of my top 5 lakes. They were in 12 to 8 fow. Water temps are low to mid 60’s.

I talked to Darrin this morning (Lake Nipigon Charters – Jesse James) and he landed a 14lbs lake trout on 8lbs test while fishing for brook trout. Sounds like the lakers on Nipigon are starting to go on the feed. Several other guests have also reported active lake trout on Nipigon.

Today, we sent the full camp out for another day of combat!

Stay tuned….

Ron Johnsen
    Participant
    Platteville wi

Nice fish

millerman
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

Now that looks like a great time!

grumpy
    Participant
    Iowa, Clinton

I gotta move North!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.