desoto gills

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

im sure its no secret but the gills were biting big time over the weekend. my fishing buddy and i caught 30 big gills in about an hour and a half. we he was using slip bobbers , while i was fishing the bottom with 2 small split shot and #6 aberdeen hook. caught a few crappies and perch on a jig called “the perfect jig”.it didnt seem to matter where you fished everybody was catching fish.we concentrated on bass the rest of the weekend with good luck. the smallies had shad schooled up on sand bar points. wing dams also produced about 15 nice striped bass. throw in a few bonus walleyes and 2 northerns at 7lbs and 12 lbs id say we had good time. throwing white x-raps was the ticket. the bottom was dropping out of the river every day so i dont how this will effect the fishing. just thought i would drop a line on the action.

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks, I might head up that way this weekend.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

I heard the bite was good up there Dan,sounds like you had a good time. Going back up this week-end?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sounds like a good time. The fish sure have the feed bag on right now

Whiskerkev
    Madison

This time of year is also a good time to hit just inside the RR bridges on 9.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.