Kick-n-bass sent

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m a little late with this post but it took a while to get to the computer to do some work.

In my last two reports I mentioned nothing about the KnB sents because they did not produce for me. I fished pools 9 and 10 , two different depths of water(2′ and 4-1/2′) for the same species of fish. I had very similar jigs on two poles and tried to create the same presentation with both jigs. I had the same bait on both jigs. But the unsented jig out preformed the sented jig by a large margin….

I’m not one to post negitive comments but I look at this as more of an informational comment than a insult on a product.
    Fishing tackle / supplies can work well for some and not well for others…I’m not sure why but thats the way it goes. And when I get a product to try , I like to give my honest opinion on how the product has worked for me.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I appreciate that post. I used it this weekend fishing stocked trout and crapies in 8 feet of water. Conducted similar experiments. With the trout it made no diference but with the crapies, using flasher and waxworms, I only caught them on the rod with the knb.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

had very similar luck ec, when we caught all of those crappies, my jig was untouched with that and i caught 3 on jigs and the others caught none on jigs, one was usin the scent and the other wasn’t

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Hey guys, I’ve had the same thing happen to me on pool 4 fishing for walleye and sauger. Am I believer? Yes! This scent is just like any other tool on the market to help aid in increasing your catch. One day the only plastic they will bite is the one with scent, the next? Maybe nothing on the scent and every fish comes on the plain ol’ jig and plastic.

As we all know there is no magic bait that will consistently catch fish, it all comes down to being versatile enough to find what they prefer on the given day you choose to go after them. One day it might be the scent, one day not. One things for certain, it’s another aid and tool to have in the boat just in case it is one of those scent days.

It’s nice to hear the comments on other angler’s success/failure with this product. To be honest with you, I’ve never used scent on my baits until I started messing around with the kick-n-bass. This product has shown me a new angle and option to help me aid in putting more fish in the boat on certain days.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Dustin hit the nail on the head, so to speak. If you think of fish like your wife, you aren’t sure what they/she is going to want from you, one day to the next. For example, when I fish in the boat, I throw worms (colored and plain), leeches, crickets, plastics, and if I have them, hellgramites, just to find what the bull gills want that day. I’ve had days when I’ve tried all my live bait with little success, and I put on a white Gitzit that produces beyond belief!

I will be ordering some of the KNB scent, for the simple fact that many seem to have experienced success with it.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

i agree with that also i take back if what it sounded like i was trying to say it is a bad product, i am just saying that it didn’t work that day sorry

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Applecrayon
    I took your advice and thought of my wife like a fish. Put a little KnB on just before bed. Not too satisfied with the results. Fish though, I has helped a lot more than it has hurt.

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

They should call it kickin a*s scent

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

maybe the verdict is still out as far as panfish go, sure works for me on the walleyes and saugers. I have not used it for crappies yet, but hope to soon. Jack.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

I would have to agree with Ecnook on how well the kick-n bass works on panfish. Have tried it two different days with very limited success….but today was a different story. The fish were biting very light today and were difficult to catch. After awhile I tried the scent to see if it would help. After putting the scent on I caught my first two keeper fish of the day. Even the short ones started biting aggresively after I started fishing with the scent. During a day when the bite was extremely tough I felt the KNB was definitely a plus. It might not help all the time but it definitely made a difference today.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I did some more KnB testing this last weekend. Sunnies were biting well on waxies/flashers. I tied on pheasant tail bead head nymph (one of my trout flies). Fished it bare (no bait) for 5 minutes, no bites. Put on the KnB and caught fish at pretty much the same rate as my waxies. Later in the day, Crappie time, more fish came in on unscented tackle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.