2/2/2003 – Mississippi River Pool 4 by Dylan Fluekiger

• leinieman
    Participant
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Dylan, nice report. I’ll bring a Jiffy 9 inch power auger and the Otter if you show me where to drill some holes. LOL
    Steve

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Dylan, nice report !! It was gettin lonely here in the panfish forum…I may come up that way and have you take me out to fish that deep water…

keep the reports coming !!

rvvrrat
    Participant
    The Sand Prairie

I didn’t know cribs were legal on the river. Any way to find out crib locations? Were they placed by the DNR?

herb
    Participant
    6ft under

I’m from Ia. and I too always thought it was illegal to place fish cover in the river until I read an article in the Lansing paper last fall about several conservation groups getting together and placing cover in the Harpers area. I’m sure that if it can be done, permits would have to obtained first. DNR and Corps.

larsonlawyers
    Participant
    Nelson Wi

these cribs have been there for a while and i have never heard that cribs were illegal because i think they were placed by the dnr don’t quote me on them, but the locals know that they are there so we are the ones that fish them i found out from other people so i guess i can’t tell ya how they found out.

fireflick
    Participant
    Alma WI

If I remember right these cribs that they were fishing were placed in inland waters just off the main channel. The Rod and Gun Club placed these in there about 12 years ago. I looked at them the other week and all the wood looks good yet. It even looked better with all the fish around them.

jeffsedlmayr
    Participant
    Wisconsin

The biggest crappie out of that mess ended up going 13.75 inches. He felt like everyone of those inches as i just about lost my minnow rod on him while i was pulling another one up while i was jigging.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.