Ice fishing

• redman
    Marion Iowa

I dont see much activity on how you guys and gals are doing out their! Plenty of ice but no reports. I went down to lake Mcbride this morning and caught a lot of small crappie but just kept 15 9-10 inchers for the fry pan. What is the old Miss. doing as I would like to try it next week?

RedmaN

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

My last report for the hard water sport was on the 14th. If I could just fish and not have to work, but we all know that if it wasn’t for our real jobs we couldn’t afford to do the fun jobs..I’ll be out this weekend I believe……

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I hit MacBride also on Saturday morning for about 4 hours. Fishing was great for about the first 5 minutes – pulled 4 dink ‘eyes and a decent crappie. Then the sun came up and BAM it shut off. You could see them swimming around down there, but nothing doing on the lines no matter what we tried.

Of course, the reason I went was because my favorite drunken weatherman said it was supposed to be overcast and snowing until noon… could he have been more wrong? We got there at 5:30 and the sky was clear as a bell. Didn’t see a single cloud prior to leaving at 10.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Here’s a picture of my son and me with a few of the bluegills and crappies that were caught on Lake Ponderosa today.
    (Mostly we’re just trying to get this picture thing figured out!)

herb
    6ft under

Always nice fish when you can lip em.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Nice job big fish dude and little fish dude !!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Thanks

lfd

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Wow Redman, those are some nice crappies for McBride. Are you going down there this weekend. Maybe I will see ya there and we can compare tactics to catching those big slabs. Hope to see ya on the ice.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Nice fish. Is pondersosa a private lake.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Depending what the weather and the wife are up to, I could see a MacBride outing this weekend. Weather channel website make Saturday afternoon out to be the best time (cloudy, 31°).

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Ponderosa is a private lake.

redman
    Marion Iowa

Sounds like we might get some flurries on saturday so it might make for a good day of fishing on Mcbride so I will see you down their if the old bones can make it

redman
    Marion Iowa

Is that the lake down by Holiday lake at Chelsea?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Its close to Montezuma. Also close to Diamond Lake and Hawthorn Lake. Hawthorn is by Barnes City.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.