Ice fisherees

• birdman
    Participant
    Lancaster, WI

Just wanted to let everyone know about a couple of upcoming ice fisheree’s in the SW Wi and NE Iowa area. The Cassville Ski Busters are having their annual Bertam Lake Ice Fisheree on January 18 & 19 starting at daybreak to 3:00 pm. Entry fee in the past has always been $3.00. Lots of door prizes with fish prizes based on entries.

There will also be an ice fisheree on Havel Lake on January 25th sponsored by some of the Bagley business’s. Start time for this tourney is at 8:00 and ends at 3:00. Entry fee for this fisheree is $5.00. Both fisherees have prizes for biggest crappie, bass, bluegill and Northern. Sorry Still-a-kid, no prizes for sheepies.lol

I know this isn’t the tournament forum but since the primary focus is on panfish and the tournaments are low cost I thought the info would be better posted here. Ecnook, I promice I won’t forget to bring my camera this time too. Are their any other “southerners” planning on fishing the contests?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks for the info birdman !!

herb
    Participant
    6ft under

Just to let stillakid2 know he’s not being left out, the allamakee sportsman’s club is having a fisheree next weekend at noble’s island south of Harpers Ferry. And they ARE giving a prize for the biggest rough fish, which includes sheepshead. Go get em tiger!

woolybugger1
    Participant
    W Wisconsin

Cassville and Bertem Lake, is that Wisconsin or MN or Iowa? I need to know which map to look at. What is the primary species saught after there? Trout? I’ll be wearing my FTR hat so say hi if you see me
    Woolybugger

herb
    Participant
    6ft under

Wisconsin on the Miss. River. No trout. Dogfish mostly I hear. Just kidding.

birdman
    Participant
    Lancaster, WI

wollybugger, Bertam Lake is located approximately 3 miles south of Cassville off Hwy 133. Primary species are bluegills and crappies with a alot of smaller bass thrown in. Tip-up fishing for bass and northerns are usually pretty slow. I’ll keep my eye open for you, I plan on fishing Saturday afternoon and all day on Sunday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.