Bertam and Bagley ice fishing

• redman
    Marion Iowa

Has anyone been out this week and if so is it worth giving it a try this weekend?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

redman, fishing has been sporadic lately, Bertam Lake has produced some nice crappie bites this last week but you have to be lucky enough to be there when they turn on. I haven’t heard much about the Bagley area this week. January seems like it always brings slower conditions and an inconsistent bite. Remember though, there’s no such thing as a bad weekend to go fishing though!

redman
    Marion Iowa

Was not feeling well and with the rain and sleet I did not think it would be a good idea to try it this weekend but did drive down to bertam and the place was full of cars and trucks but having nothing to report as it was raining and I dont need to feel any worse! My son and grandson went to lake mcbride and caught over a 100 crappie they run between 8 and 10 inches but nice and thick they just kept 30 and released the rest. This should be a great lake in a year or two as they drained the lake and put a lot of structure all over the place. Did you get out today?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

MacBride?? Were they fishing from a boat?

redman
    Marion Iowa

No they were at the end of the one way by the beach in the north west bay! I went with the grandson today and the bite was still on but we just kept 20 as that is enough for a meal! There is five inches of ice but dont venture out to far we fished about 35 ft from bank. This was the only spot at Mcbride that can be fished! Earlier in the day we drove out to palo and the only safe ice to fish is by the campground again on the north west side and it is also a bay. Not to many places to fish down our way but if you are looking to go try Mcbride!

Redman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.