Safe ice up north in any backwater/where????

• tfuller4
    Participant
    Marion, Ia

Has anyone been able to get out on the ice still?

larsonlawyers
    Participant
    Nelson Wi

i had a guy tell me that even though the top of the ice doesn’t look so hot that there is still some good supporting ice underneath it. He said there was about five inches. that was by winona.

tfuller4
    Participant
    Marion, Ia

thanks for the info. any word on bussey. thats a little closer. i had heard that last friday was good up there.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Bay Point Harbor in Rd Wing is still iced over and there were numbers of guys on the ice this afternoon. I could clearly see some panfish sized critters on the ice around the holes. This area is a good spot for icing gills, cappies, some nice pike on tip ups and some spotty action on walleyes and saugers during the low-light periods of the day.

Nobody was driving out… not that you need to anyway given the short walk from the parking lot at Bay Point Park. Most were concentrating their efforts right near the fueling platform.

Stay safe on this ice… this warmer weather will make things spotty and with rain and temps near 50 degrees forecast for tomorrow, I’d question ice conditions everywhere.

swany
    Participant
    Southeastern Minnesota.

A article in last nights post bulliten.(16th) Although the ice in the northern part of the state was in good condition…the ice in the southern half was being declared “unsafe” for any travel or fishing due to the temps…And with the rain today…I’d stay OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.