Weekend ice fishing

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Started out trying to fish north of Bagley WI and couldn’t quite make it across the slough to the main lake so started to work my way north. To make a long story short I end up in Green Lake just north of Desoto Bay.About 50 guys were on the ice already when I drove up and I could see fish flopping on the ice already for some of the lucky ones.So the start of the ice fishing season has started for quite a few guys on the weekend.There were a lot of fish caught and with some sorting a lot of people walked off the ice with nice 25 fish limits with no trouble.The ice was maybe on the strong side of a hole 1 3/4 ” thick .You couldn’t stand to close to anyone by 2 in the afternoon because the water would run back out the holes to fast. HAR HAR.It was great tho!!!!!Just watching the fish circle the holes thru the clear ice was a lot fun to, just before you slid them out on the ice.Well good luck to everyone. Bass Bull

herb
    6ft under

Hey Bass Bull,
    Did you have to park at the lower end of Blackhawk to get there? Never fished there on the ice before so I’m just curious. Saw a lot of cars coming from down there when I was coming off the water sunday.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Bass Bull, were their many crappies caught? We was fishing just south of Bagley and caught many bluegills with a couple crappies thrown in. My son fished some shallower water (2 to 3 feet deep) in a nearby backwater and got into a pretty good crappie bite right before dark. His fish came on a number 2 rembrandt.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

HERB @ Birdman …..You drive all the way to the south end.There’s good parking right along the road and easy walk out to the lake to fish….Good clean path ….Birdman – Crappies were caught out in the middle of the lake but not much for size,bluegills were the main species caught with a odd perch now and then.I hope this helps….Bass BULL

herb
    6ft under

Sure does. Just lining up my options for places to go. This river can’t stay open all winter this year, can it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.