POOL 13 PANFISH

• TBASS
    Participant
    ROCKFORD,ILL

WENT OUT SDATURDAY FOR A DAY OF CRAPPIE FISHING. WATER TEMPS WERE IN THE LOW 40’S AND SO WAS THE AIR TEMPS. FOUND THE FISHING TO BE SPOTTY AT BEST. WATER WAS CLEAN (FOR THE MISS) BUT WAS RISING SLIGHTLY. ALSO THE FLOW WAS INCREASING DURING THE DAY. A COUPLE OF MY OLD STANBY HOLES PRODUCED, BUT THE MAJORITY DIDN’T. THE CRAPPIES WE FOUND WERE FAIRLY AGGRESIVE. THEY ALSO WERE HOLDING ON WOOD AND BRIDGE PILINGS ABOUT 3 FT. DEEP.THERE WAS SOME CURRENT, BUT NOT MUCH. MINNOWS WORKED BEST. ONLY A SMALL HANDFULL OF GILLS TO REPORT. TBASS

gillsandspecks
    Participant
    Hiawatha, Iowa

It’s about time somebody made a fall Crappie post. My hats off to you as I have been Walleye fishing. But that is going to change as the backwaters are getting in real good shape. I’m watching the weather, maybe this friday at Savanna or Harpers. {John}

blue-fleck
    Participant
    Dresbach, MN

I was on pool #9 in the Reno bottoms over last weekend and I gave crappie fishing a shot. In the past I have done very well fishing some of the snags. The fishing was very poor to say the least. There is no current and the fish are so spread out that it makes it hard to concentrate one a given snag of stretch of shoreline.
    I went up to the second spillway and the flow coming out is so minimal I was shocked. I could not tell if the spillway was plugged w/ debris.
    The crappies I did catch were caught on bubblegum mini-mites. I was fishing them in about 2-4 ft of water. They were not hitting the bait hard. In fact the only way I could tell if I had a bite was to watch how high my thill bobber sat in the water. Of the times I did get a bite I would see my bobber rise up and just sit there. They would not swim w/ the bait or anything.
    I did manage to catch a boatful of small largemouth. Now they were hammerin’ that little bait. I did try minnows and some other tackle but they were not interested. Just a slow weekend.
    I did however manage a few small walleyes and sandpike at the spillway. No big fish. Everything I did catch over the two days was released for another day.

Good Luck fishing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.