Packers "Gift" Win ?

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Since the other “Packers Win?” thread was hijacked and became so polluted with “rancor” from some posts that I thought it justified to try to start anew.

chomps wrote;
    “If the Pack can become somewhat healthy after their bye week I think that they have another run in them like last year.”

Perhaps…we’ll see? Last night against Da Bears, they were “gifted” that win. “Da Bears” literally booted the ball over to the Pack. Hardly looked like NFL competition.

Next up for the Pack…Dallas Cowboys. They have extra days to heal their physical and mental problems but the cheese could melt in the “Heat-o-Texas”. Cowboys are riding high on the their horses now …ha! Should be a game to watch.

Vikings against Lions this week, another compelling matchup. After that, they’ll find out which Bears team shows up @ Soldier Field and then the following matchup, Oct 15…the Pack and their foam cheesehead wearing fans will descend upon the Ziggi palace.

Let’s hope this thread maintains its football integrity. Ha… whistling

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I thought Romo did a good job. He called the plays before the snap for both teams most of the time.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Since the other “Packers Win?” thread was hijacked and became so polluted with “rancor” from some posts that I thought it justified to try to start anew.

chomps wrote;
    “If the Pack can become somewhat healthy after their bye week I think that they have another run in them like last year.”

Perhaps…we’ll see? Last night against Da Bears, they were “gifted” that win. “Da Bears” literally booted the ball over to the Pack. Hardly looked like NFL competition.

Next up for the Pack…Dallas Cowboys. They have extra days to heal their physical and mental problems but the cheese could melt in the “Heat-o-Texas”. Cowboys are riding high on the their horses now …ha! Should be a game to watch.

Vikings against Lions this week, another compelling matchup. After that, they’ll find out which Bears team shows up @ Soldier Field and then the following matchup, Oct 15…the Pack and their foam cheesehead wearing fans will descend upon the Ziggi palace.

Let’s hope this thread maintains its football integrity. Ha… whistling

As long as one of the quarters ends with the Lions score of 7 and the Vikings score ending in 6, I’ll be $125 happier. woot

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

I thought Romo did a good job. He called the plays before the snap for both teams most of the time.

. I’ve never been a Romo fan as a player , but as an announcer , I thought he was excellent . He’s done the last two packer games , calling the plays beforehand , giving great insight from a qb perspective. Take him over aikman any day

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Gift?! Please. It’s the NFL, you play the games on your schedule. No such thing as a gift.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

. I’ve never been a Romo fan as a player , but as an announcer , I thought he was excellent . He’s done the last two packer games , calling the plays beforehand , giving great insight from a qb perspective. Take him over aikman any day

See that’s just why I hate romo. He’s too close to the game still and explains and predicts TOO much. Lemme watch the game dude!

Aikman is awful for other reasons, can’t stand him either.

Time will tell with the pack. I don’t mean to be arrogant but this part of the season is a yawn for pack fans. Call me in January.

My opinion: They’re an above average team and more than likely will lose 4-5 games. They may get blown out by Dallas just like they did against Atlanta; both Minnesota and Detroit should be competitive games.

Ho-hum, same as every year.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Aikman AND Buck both suck. If the Packers can get healthy I think they can be tough to handle. Big IF though.

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Go Pack Go !!!

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

You think favre would ever slide into the announcers booth?

Favre teamed up with stone cold Steve Austin

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

You think favre would ever slide into the announcers booth?

Favre teamed up with stone cold Steve Austin

Doubt it. Them booth guys all wear ties.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Could get a denim by wranglers tie more than likely loose not neck tight look. Would probably end up cussing out the qbs

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Gift?! Please. It’s the NFL, you play the games on your schedule. No such thing as a gift.
    Ho-hum, same as every year.

Da Bears are always generous with gifts to the GB Packers…

Attachments:
    1. aaron-rodgers-fumble-for-wacky-touchdown-against-bears-a.gif

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

As long as one of the quarters ends with the Lions score of 7 and the Vikings score ending in 6, I’ll be $125 happier. woot

Sorry, hope that wasn’t your grocery money…or worse yet your beer bucks! sad

riverruns
    Inactive

Hey not to bust any nuts here. My internet isn’t working yet.

Wife called a number today. Sounds like it was overseas and internet might be screwed up for awhile??

Can someone provide a score for vikimg game from today??

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There you have it…the cheese does not melt in Texas. Heck of a game…fun to watch. Good to see Adams recover from the last game hammer that he took. Heard he spent a couple days in the hospital. Not really a current Packer fan, but they looked good. They’ll hit the wall though when the meet the Vikings. jester

rmartin
    United States

Even the refs could not keep the Pack from winning waytogo

riverruns
    Inactive

Any update on score? I think someone ate the pigeon? Maybe the goat ate the pigeons note? In any case. No access to internet or TV here. Cannot get the score. Thanks.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Well on the note the pigeon dropped off for me it said the dumb dumbs left over a minute on the clock for the pack to make a game winning drive. I don’t know who writes the notes I just read them.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Pretty much sums it up

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2456.jpg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Aikman and Buck still SUCK!! moon

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Bufoonsville…..

Aikman, Buck, Garrett

I had to shut the volume off so I could listen to my dog lick her ass.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Unreal , as much as i hate Erin Rodgers n company he’s world class

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rmartin wrote:</div>
    Even the refs could not keep the Pack from winning waytogo

Nope…

Yep, a non whistle to a holding in the grasp sac resulting in a penalty against Dallas.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.