Packers End of an Era?

• Beast
    Participant

every team has to hit the reset button sooner or later, both for players and finance reasons. might be a rocky couple of years we don’t know. love could be another Farve/Rodgers type player, or he my turn out to be a Kirt Cutler, all hype and no results.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

Bears fan here. I wouldn’t count the Packers being out of it for more than a couple of years at most. They seem to have run pretty well for a long time. The Bears on the other hand…

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

i see that Doubs, Watson, and Jones are all joining Love in California at his off-season QB program to get a jump start on their timing. looks like those players are all invested in results for right away this year. Rodgers couldn’t be bothered to even show up for camp in the summer anymore, and the timing was obviously off until week 4 the last few years. good to see the youth movement taking a different approach.

being anxious about the outcome before the start of regular season games might actually make them more exciting. you Vikings guys have been holding out – you’ve had the secret sauce for all these years!

Steven Krapfl
    Participant
    Springville, Iowa

i see that Doubs, Watson, and Jones are all joining Love in California at his off-season QB program to get a jump start on their timing. looks like those players are all invested in results for right away this year. Rodgers couldn’t be bothered to even show up for camp in the summer anymore, and the timing was obviously off until week 4 the last few years. good to see the youth movement taking a different approach.

This is good to hear! I am actually looking forward to Love, I thought he looked really good this year against the Eagles and am hoping he comes out hot and ready to roll.

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Bears fan here. I wouldn’t count the Packers being out of it for more than a couple of years at most. They seem to have run pretty well for a long time. The Bears on the other hand…

“run pretty well”
    Getting to the conference championship game is an accomplishment if you have a QB that is not HOF, MVP caliber. Farve was very good, but threw too many INT’s. Rodgers would have had more Super Bowl appearances with more weapons. His tenure was a failure for the Green Bay front office, any way you slice it. Talents like Rodgers don’t grow on trees. He is extremely special.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

Getting to the conference championship game is an accomplishment if you have a QB that is not HOF, MVP caliber.

the Vikings have been to 2 during the Rodgers era, and the Packers have been to 5 (plus a Super Bowl victory). but one of the Vikings’ visits was with a castoff Packers HoF QB and the other was when the Packers active HoF QB was out with a broken collarbone. i’m not saying, i’m just saying.

woulda/shoulda/coulda the Packers have won more? yes.
    but…Brian Freaking Bostic. flame

Attachments:
    1. 960x0.jpg

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

woulda/shoulda/coulda the Packers have won more? yes.
    but…Brian Freaking Bostic.

Way too soon!!! I’m still fired up over that debacle of a game.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Well the inevitable finally happened, A Rodge to the Jets.

Jets get: A Rodg, GB #15 overall and #170 this year.

Packers get: Jets #13 ovrall, #42 overall, #207 this year and a conditional 2024 2nd round pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays.

Beast
    Participant

It will be interesting to see what kind of a QB we got. I don’t expect him to light the world on fire the first year, but you never know.

wirivereyes
    Participant
    Central WI

Great move for the Pack. A-rod is 39 and last year had 26TD’s and 12 INT’s.
    Time to move on!

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Swan Song begins.

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

So how long before Arod is the Vikings QB?

AK Guy
    Participant

The one year Brett Favre probation period should do it.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Time to move on!

Short memory eh? MVP 2 out of the last 3 years. Look at the surrounding talent he had last year and I’d say his numbers were about what I’d expect. As a Vikings fan, I’m glad he’s no longer in the division

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

With any luck never. But with the people making decisions here who knows.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

this is a very good deal for the Packers.

upgrade in round 1 this year, add another round 2 this year.
    add another (likely) round 1 pick next year.
    they do lose an extra $9M in cap space this year, but don’t have his salary anymore and get free of the cap hit after this year. i’d expect them to use this year to test and develop the young offensive players and be active in FA in 2024.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

If you got a milky marble for him, consider it a good deal !! coffee crazy doah hah (39 Year old drama queen)

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wirivereyes wrote:</div>
    Time to move on!

Short memory eh? MVP 2 out of the last 3 years. Look at the surrounding talent he had last year and I’d say his numbers were about what I’d expect. As a Vikings fan, I’m glad he’s no longer in the division

x2. I fully expect him to have a very good year for the Jets, and think he can play for a few years to come if he wants and is motivated. No one plays with a bigger chip than him, and I’m glad we won’t be facing him twice a year moving forward.

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

When Favre moved on, it was 100% the right move…… Time for Rodgers to move on, regardless of how Love does.

Life long Packers fan. Loved Favre and love Rodgers.

Vikings fans love that he is out of the division. Packers fans love that the Vikings still remain in the division. devil

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Why would the Reigning NFC North Champions not be in the division ? cool jester rotflol

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

As a Packer fan I still have mixed emotions on this trade but I’m leaning more on the side it was a good trade for the Packers. I think he will have a huge year for the Jets because as said above no one plays harder with a chip on their shoulder. It was time for the Packers to move on and at least they got something for him and got rid of his huge contract for some picks.

What makes me more mad is how they didnt do anything to get players around him the past 5 years. I’m still furious on them drafting Love but here we are. So we will now see if Gutey was right and us office chair GM’s are wrong.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Packers fans love that the Vikings still remain in the division.

It’s important for the Pack to have a team to look up to! Bears and Lions sure haven’t done much in about 40 years… whistling rotflol

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

Your Queens have done a nice job in 2 of the 6 decades the rivalry has existed. coffee

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Your Queens have done a nice job in 2 of the 6 decades the rivalry has existed. coffee

NFC Division Championships:
    Vikings 22
    Packers 17
    Bears 11
    Lions 3
    Buccaneers 3 (how funny is that!)

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

The “Queens” have owned Rodgers and the Pack as of late… just facts and butt packers, try to get into a time machine and come to 2023. coffee

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

3-3 in 2020’s…. i guess ownership is weird in MN.

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

11 of your 22 were from 68-80……. i thought you guys said that Packer fans live in the past…. Like I said you guys had a nice 70’s and 90’s in the rivalry. The rest we own.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

11 of your 22 were from 68-80……. i thought you guys said that Packer fans live in the past…. Like I said you guys had a nice 70’s and 90’s in the rivalry. The rest we own.

From 1968-1994 the Packers won 1 NFC North Championship, and only 2 prior to 1995 bud. The Packers have dominated the division during the Favre/Rodgers era, winning 15 division championships since 1995, Vikings have 7 over that time frame, and the Bears 5. And like the Thread Title states, that Era is OVER!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol coffee

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

i was speaking to the rivalry…. win-lose per decade….. both teams sucked from 81-94…… but the Pack was better then the Queens….

we won’t get into the real hardware… i know how sensitive Minnesotans get….. But hey now-a-days you guys can identify as a winner and poof its real!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.