Packers End of an Era?

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Trade talk aside, the Jets have a difficult schedule next year (6th toughest schedule out of 32 teams). The AFC is so top heavy that the Jets are likely to be a playoff team with Rodgers… but not one that’s on-par with Buffalo, Cincinnati, or KC.

KP
    Hudson, WI

But this is just as much about how terribly the Packers handled the situation, from drafting Love/Dillon instead of an impact player, to never drafting a top 3 round WR since Devante Adams, to drawing lines in the sand and not collaborating with their HOF QB’s (plural).

100% This! The Packers front office needs to go and they sure wasted the last few years of his career! I see why they drafted Love after Rodgers had a bad year but maybe it was a sign to get him more weapons and not draft his replacement. I’m a Packer fan and I hope Rodgers dominates for the Jets. When the guy plays with a chip on his shoulder he is just so good. From listening to him on McAfee it sure sounds like he wants to show something.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Blah, blah, blah. We have heard this all before. Erin has pulled his little pity party for years now. The only thing that matters in this self induced pity party is who’s name is on Erins pay check. Last I heard he worked for the Packers, they can do whatever they want with personnel. The ONLY mistake made by the Packers was not running his a$$ off 3 years ago.

As far as the Jets go…. they are still the Jets. Erin only puts them in contention for a AFC Wildcard.

Beast

man, there’s allot of out of work GM’s on here

BigWerm
    SW Metro

man, there’s allot of out of work GM’s on here

Not nearly as many as there are GB Packers “owners” with a $250 sheet of paper on their wall! whistling chased rotflol

MX1825

The last 3 years it really showed that it’s “All about me” from AR.
    From blatantly changing plays, calling out teammates, taking summers off, bitching at the front office, etc. Really doesn’t seem like a team leader or player. Not to mention his off field problems with girl friends and family.

That’s JMO and I’ve been a Packer fan my whole life.

Ripjiggen

Be careful what you wish for…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

As far as the Jets go…. they are still the Jets. Erin only puts them in contention for a AFC Wildcard.

I think so too. This move in now way puts them in contention for the AFC title. And I don’t think I’d put them ahead of the Bills in the AFC East either.

They were pretty close to being a wild card team last season with multiple rotating QBs. They already have a pretty good defense too. I could see them going something like 10-7 and earning a wild card spot.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Erin can take his road show to New York. He will find that as soon as the New Yorkers figure out he’s just a West coast punk they will turn on him. The media will chew him up and spit him out. The next time he heads to the darkness it will be to hide.

The upside is we only have a couple more years of him left in the NFL where he will just become another quarterback. His legacy will be his failures, not his successes.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

If Tua stays healthy I think the Jets will have a tough time with Miami. Then there’s playing Belichick twice in addition to Josh Allen/Bills. They may have young talent but agree they are still the Jets and Wild card team, at best.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

All depends on what Rodgers they get, last years disgruntled one, or a motivated chip on his shoulder multiple MVP one. I think he can still do it all physically, so if he’s the MVP version they will be right there in the division. Bills lost a few key defensive guys and weren’t as great as everyone wanted to say they were, Mac Jones/Pats don’t scare anyone anymore, and Miami even with Tua aren’t world beaters either.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All depends on what Rodgers they get, last years disgruntled one, or a motivated chip on his shoulder multiple MVP one. I think he can still do it all physically, so if he’s the MVP version they will be right there in the division.

For all the off-field nonsense, he’s not that far removed from playing in NFC title games and winning back to back MVPs. I think a lot of people tend to forget that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    All depends on what Rodgers they get, last years disgruntled one, or a motivated chip on his shoulder multiple MVP one. I think he can still do it all physically, so if he’s the MVP version they will be right there in the division.

For all the off-field nonsense, he’s not that far removed from playing in NFC title games and winning back to back MVPs. I think a lot of people tend to forget that.

Every year you tack on, removes you further away when your approaching 40 doah We will see if the zebras have the love for him like they did in the NFC.. they were a BIG part of his success in GB.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Every year you tack on, removes you further away when your approaching 40

I agree, no one can defy father time. Except Tom Brady.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Not nearly as many as there are GB Packers “owners” with a $250 sheet of paper on their wall!

which is almost as many Vikings fans poking around in here with no championships. whistling
    it’s true. we occasionally donate money so that the club can renovate and build new things like Titletown and have solid long-term finances and do better. how’s that whole Winter/Boyer/Jacobs/Pohlad/Headrick/McCombs/Wylf ownership approach been working out for you?

most people are overlooking his broken thumb last year as well. a little bit of drama from a couple of QBs for the last 30 years of success and 2 Super Bowls is a trade that pretty much every one would take every single time.
    i’m sure he’ll play great for the Jets for a couple of years. good luck to him; now was still the time to move on. just a matter of making sure that the Packers get enough back if/when the teams can get the deal done…but that deal could easily take until June since waiting to trade him until then would spread out the Packers cap hit better.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

we occasionally donate money so that the club can renovate and build new things like Titletown and have solid long-term finances and do better.

Pretty good actually, #1 team according to the NFLPA for treatment of and destination for the players. Most division titles, but you are correct haven’t won the big one yet and only 1 HOF QB in Franchise history. Meanwhile your 2 HOF QB’s over 30 years have as many SB wins COMBINED as John Elway, Big Ben, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning. And fewer than Aikman, Montana and Brady. And that is just the list of their contemporaries. Seems like the Packers Way is a pretty big failure in comparison to other franchises. whistling tongue

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nflpa-team-report-cards-commanders-earn-worst-grade-vikings-ranked-no-1-followed-by-dolphins-raiders/

big_g
    Isle, MN

NFC North Champions. smash Live in the present man. cool wave

AK Guy

No franchise has had QB stability for 30 years like the Pack have. I doubt they will for quite some time. It was a good run.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Miami just got Jalen Ramsey and have probably the best corners in the league now. The Dolphins would steam roll the Jets IF Tua stays healthy and yes that is a big if.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Got a chuckle out of this one

Attachments:
    1. 361F11CC-C861-4F2E-AE72-B4D2E1C6FDA2.jpeg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Beast every team including the VIKINGS has more than their fair share of GM’s and armchair quarterbacks working from their recliner.
    I’m not a GB fan but i wish he would go away….forever.I am just sick of all the press it’s non stop Aaron every where you turn.
    I hope he crawls back into the dark and stay’s there.

Tlazer

So the Viqueens just signed Lowry. Boy they sure can’t get enough old Packer castoff players on their team. Wonder if they would take Barry too? Maybe the equipment manager? Will be interesting to see how and if the trade for Rodgers with the Jets gets completed. Wonder if the Viqueens would give the Pack like 4 1st round draft choices for him? They sure seem like they can’t get enough Packer players on their team. Guess since they never have won a SB they are desperate.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Viqueens

Boy they sure can’t get enough old Packer castoff players on their team

Viqueens

They sure seem like they can’t get enough Packer players on their team.

Haha we all love our sports, don’t get so mad. Seems like you tried awful hard to be insulting in that post, don’t let the rivalry get you so angry.

MX1825

Every year you tack on, removes you further away when your approaching 40 doah We will see if the zebras have the love for him like they did in the NFC.. they were a BIG part of his success in GB.
    [/quote]
    hah

I’m tired of the AR drama but he was a hell of a QB and still in the top 10.
    So big g your saying all the other QB’s are getting screwed over by the referees?
    Yep little old GB is paying off the refs. LOL!!!
    Every other team in the NFL has a billionaire owner and won’t fork over some $$$$$$ to the refs.
    Yep AR was only as good as the referees let him be. whistling

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So the Viqueens just signed Lowry. Boy they sure can’t get enough old Packer castoff players on their team. Wonder if they would take Barry too? Maybe the equipment manager? Will be interesting to see how and if the trade for Rodgers with the Jets gets completed. Wonder if the Viqueens would give the Pack like 4 1st round draft choices for him? They sure seem like they can’t get enough Packer players on their team. Guess since they never have won a SB they are desperate.

Nah you guys are just our farm team. I’m looking forward to another 30 years of terrible football outta GB like BF (before Favre). tongue toast

Tlazer

A farm team usually provides the parent team with good upcoming young players, not washed up players you don’t want on your team anymore. Yes we have had a good run of 30 years from the QB position, hopefully we can get that again with Love and if not maybe a QB from the draft next year. This will be a rebuilding year for the Pack trying to get out of salary cap he// from pushing so much dead money into future years.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I’m looking forward to another 30 years of terrible football outta GB like BF (before Favre).

true, it was 30 years brutal years between Favre’s Super Bowl win and the last of Starr’s 3-peat championships/Super Bowls. the Vikings have their own “before Favre” and “after Favre” periods, and i wouldn’t trade ya. i was born after the Lombardi years, so 2 Super Bowl wins and 1 loss in my lifetime with far above average quality for the last 30 years. on balance, i’ll take it. any transition is tough, and we’ll see how well the team manages this new one.

being ranked on top in NFLPA rankings by the players is important for recruiting and retaining players, and the Vikings should feel very good indeed about being #1 overall. the Packers ranked #6 overall, so it’s actually both teams that are doing really well by their players.

i gotta admit that i’m kinda hoping the Packers get the Jets first round pick and use it to draft a wide receiver. it would put a perfect bow on the Rodgers era.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

i gotta admit that i’m kinda hoping the Packers get the Jets first round pick and use it to draft a wide receiver. it would put a perfect bow on the Rodgers era.

We can agree on that one! jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

true, it was 30 years brutal years between Favre’s Super Bowl win and the last of Starr’s 3-peat championships/Super Bowls. the Vikings have their own “before Favre” and “after Favre” periods,

Not really. The Packers made the playoffs twice from 1968-1992, and lost the divisional round both times. The Vikings have never gone a decade without at least 2 playoff appearances. Vikes are the common man team, best of the lousiest, lousiest of the best whistling jester

Dan
    Southeast MN

Vikes are the common man team, best of the lousiest, lousiest of the best

Wild card or divisional round losses for the Vikes, swept out of the first round for the Twins, mostly first-round losses for the wild, Music City and Pinstripe Bowls for Gopher football….I like to call it “upper-level mediocrity.” jester

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.