Over the Counter Turkey Tag Started Today!!!

• mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Zone 1, Season C over the counter tags went on sale this a.m. Looking yesterday, there were about 5600 tags available. At 11:15 this a.m. there were 18 left, and now they are all gone. There are still 32,000 left to be sold in the last 3 seasons and Zone 1 rarely sells out for all 6 seasons.

Zone 2, tomorrow, only D, E, F seasons left.

Zone 3 Wednesday, about 5600 tags left in season C and bunches similar numbers for the last 3 seasons as Zone 1.

Zones 4 Thursday, 37 C season tags availaable, the about 15,000 left for the remaining seasons and in recollection this Zone does sell out.

Zones 5, 6, 7 are on sale Friday. Not much left in 6 and 7 ever… 5 has 3500 left over the last three seasons.

Mark

deertracker

Just for the people reading this, you are talking Wisconsin correct?
    DT

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Just for the people reading this, you are talking Wisconsin correct?
    DT

Thank you and the answer to the question is yes it is for WI…

Mark

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If I’m not mistaken Minnesota is over the counter for all turkey seasons now. I don’t think there is any limit of the # that can be sold either. I do somewhat wish they still somewhat controlled the license sales. Just to much chance that some areas could be way over hunted and harvested.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If I’m not mistaken Minnesota is over the counter for all turkey seasons now. I don’t think there is any limit of the # that can be sold either. I do somewhat wish they still somewhat controlled the license sales. Just to much chance that some areas could be way over hunted and harvested.

That’s correct, according to what can read, only the season A and B seasons in a couple of designated wildlife areas require a lottery. Every season is open to over the counter purchase and the license is good statewide. You do still have to pick a season, however (shotgun).

I agree, this might bring in a lot of pressure to a specific season and/or area if you get some nice weather in the forecast. I’m planning to hunt season A based on the early spring thus far. If we get a foot of snow on April 13, then I’ll wait until there’s a better one.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I agree, this might bring in a lot of pressure to a specific season and/or area if you get some nice weather in the forecast. I’m planning to hunt season A based on the early spring thus far. If we get a foot of snow on April 13, then I’ll wait until there’s a better one.

It was always that weather issue that was the huge problem with the lottery and that’s why I was so glad to see it gone. We’ve been as likely to have 2 feet of snow as any other kind of weather, it was just awful being restricted to one week that you had to pick months before you could have any chance at forecasting conditions.

Grouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.