ottertail ice info

• Tim J
    Participant
    Duluth, MN

Anyone have any? I’m visiting a cousin for the weekend that just moved up to the area this fall and I’ve never been before. He has been fishing panfish on some of the surrounding small lakes but not out of the big lake. Any resorts with good roads? Is there a decent walleye bite going? Whats the program? Looking at a map there is lots of offshore structure and spots that look good. I plan to give it a go one day this weekend, just need to figure out where to access and how the ice thickness is. And if there is a bite thats worth searching out.

Trev
    Participant
    Battle Lake, MN

Hey Tim, ice is in good shape and no need for roads as there is very little snow on the lake. The bite however is sporadic at best. Lots of smaller fish this winter as well. Best bet is to stay mobile, drill a bunch of holes at varying depths and and structure, ie…humps, breaks, holes. Good luck!

Tim J
    Participant
    Duluth, MN

What the best/nearest place to access if my cousins place is on walker lake? Good shape as in truck driving?

Trev
    Participant
    Battle Lake, MN

Closest access is Riviera which is right on Co. Rd. 1, NE side of the lake. Yes, trucks are driving everywhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.