Otter XT650 question

• joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Picked up the new shack yesterday and got a couple questions from guys that own them. The two metal brackets that hold the poles to the sled..are they suppose to be straight and by straight I mean does one bracket have a bend in it as it comes out towards the front or is it suppose to be straight out?? One has a bend and one doesn’t…I’m thinking I have a bent bracket. And I see that the bottom of the sled has a recessed area to put the Hyfax runners..now once you put the runners in those areas not much of the hyfax will be sticking out?? This is not right to me…thanks.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I got it figured out..my bad.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

rotflol rotflol rotflol yea that would probably be a good idea..I still have a bent bracket but nothing a BFH won’t fix..LOL and I realized that the recessed area for the hyfax are just where they go up the front..it’s flat on the bottom. I just don’t wanna spend the $60 for them…I think I’m gonna get some skies for the bottom instead or those kids snowboards you mentioned in my other discussion.

castle-rock-clown

The hyfax at gander mountain for the cabin are 39 dollars

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I got the lodge so the cabin ones will probably be too short…damn it!!

castle-rock-clown

Cabin has 5_ lodge has 6 and are longer. G.M. sells the lodge so check their price on hyfax.

Or L&M has them for 60.00 free shipping.

I have them on my cabin and like them.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

My store in baraboo didn’t have them for the lodge…maybe Madison store would. Do you have them on your shack??

red89
    Hudson

Read on an old post on another forum that you could use the PVC Trim boards from home depot instead of hyfax. Takes more work to drill and install it though. Just a thought, no experience with this myself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.