Otter Tail

• ganderpike
    Alexandria

With the NWT championship starting Wednesday, I figured Id spend some time out there Friday night before the chaos this week. It is amazing how low the Zorbaz access is and it will be interesting to see these 21’ fiberglass boats traverse that. Saw Max Wilson leaving and talked to another pro. Fishing was slow for them and the fish are scattered.

Fishing was so-so for me. Pulled cranks in shallow sand on the weed edges. Only got bites on shiner colored cranks, yet all the walleyes were spitting up 2” perch. Water temps were 65. Looking forward to the sucker bite gaining steam. Other anglers I talked to struggled. Looking forward to see how the pro’s tackle it.

Attachments:
    1. 9777C286-A59E-4142-A5C0-85EE6A62E788-scaled.jpeg

2. DF2DBCE1-195B-428C-9444-D913B46E74A0-scaled.jpeg

Deuces

Looking forward to the sucker bite gaining steam.

What is this fall sucker bite you speak of?

Gerty

ganderpike – by your post, I assume your trolling was during the day?

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I fished from 730-10PM ; We use suckers on Otter Tail when the water temps are between 55-65 and it is a great bite. Only body of water (for me) where it seems suckers out-fish chubs. Was hoping the full moon cycle would have the fish a little more active than they were but no complaints.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ganderpike wrote:</div>
    Looking forward to the sucker bite gaining steam.

What is this fall sucker bite you speak of?

I will let him respond to the specific area but I rig sucker minnows all fall for walleyes on several different lakes. One of my favorite ways to fish for them.

Deuces

Didn’t even think of rigging suckers, doh! doah

I thought I was missing out on some hot fall redhorse bite or something.

Thanks tho waytogo

Mike Phelps

Ganderpike or anyone else – did you see some of the tournament boats coming out of that access? Thinking of hitting it this weekend and have big glass boat too. Managed 5-6 weeks ago and since then I think the area got several inches of rain, but still low. Any info appreciated!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

It is very low, but I talked to Mike Defibaugh (thats his boat) and Max Wilson who had no problem getting out. Trim up and you should be fine.

Attachments:
    1. 9AA93FCA-1000-4A6E-8FF7-D865133B8A8D-scaled.jpeg

Mike Phelps

Thanks so much, be happy to let you know how they’re biting on Miltona (not well)…lots of small fish=recent stocking.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

The September full moon bite was dramatically better than the summer moons, water dropped into the high 60’s and more fish were shallow than weeks previous. Still waiting on some bigger picture fish, need to figure them out a bit better. The 17-19” year class continues to keep everyone busy. Won’t be long until it turns into a jig and minnow program.

Attachments:
    1. CBA14497-77F8-4FD2-83B6-0FB2889EEC6E.png

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The September full moon bite was dramatically better than the summer moons, water dropped into the high 60’s and more fish were shallow than weeks previous. Still waiting on some bigger picture fish, need to figure them out a bit better. The 17-19” year class continues to keep everyone busy. Won’t be long until it turns into a jig and minnow program.

Have not fished Ottertail yet, but its on my list. I need to get out west a little more. Nice haul!

deertracker

I need to leave the Alexandria area lakes every once in a while… Nice haul. waytogo
    DT

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.