Otter Lake ( Chippewa County ) ?

• Anonymous
    Inactive
    Holmen, WI

I will be going there with the family in mid August. Never been there and would like some insight from anyone who has fished there.
    I read water clarity is low. How do you fish dirty water on a lake system?
    Will be fishing for panfish and would like to get some walleye as well.
    Any tips?

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

Make darn sure you have a good map chip it is a must on this lake. It is a pretty good Crappie and panfish lake, you can troll on this lake so finding Crappie`s makes it a little easier. Not a ton of Walleyes in the lake but good Large Mouth Bass population. August I would be using Side imaging to find the Crappies suspended in the 3 deeper areas of the lake, and panfish along any cover. There is one area on the west side of the lake that holds deep timber which could be a Crappie haven at that time of year.

That is all I got.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Holmen, WI

Thanks Tom!! Map chip needed for safety reasons or just to find the right areas?

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

There is a lot of shallow stump areas.

Bob Schultz
    Participant
    Wausau,Wi

My dad and a buddy have been doing well on crappies. I talked to him last night and he said they are suspended about 10-12 feet down in about 25 feet of water. Somewhere fairly close to the south boat landing.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Holmen, WI

I think I am going to do some recon at the end of the month and drive up there. From the map, it looks like a really nice lake.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Holmen, WI

Went to Otter on Saturday. What a beautiful lake!!! Found a few fish, but more importantly, cruised around to check it out. Can’t wait to get back there!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Holmen, WI

Otter Lake did not disappoint!! Beautiful lake and scenery. Caught a lot of panfish on and near humps. Jighead with Gulp baits and tipped with waxies. We will definitely be back!!! GPS chip is highly recommended. Not only for navigation through the many stump fields, but to locate structure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.