O'Reilly Auto Stores

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Six weeks ago I stopped in at O’Reilly Auto in Red Wing. The sales person talked me out of the RainX brand and into Trico. Bit more expensive but when A blade is $23. each, why not splurge. BTW he didn’t recommend Bosh for my truck but I don’t recall why.

Anyway, from day one the blades skipped on the way down to “home”. I thought I would wait a while and let them break in. Well they didn’t.

So I called down to Red Wing to see if they have a warranty at all. I wasn’t hopeful because I didn’t have a receipt and it was 5 weeks already. Who keeps a receipt for wiper blades?

The fella that answered the phone was interested in knowing why I didn’t like them and I went through the details including that I didn’t have a receipt. They needed replacing warranty or not but I would have them replace in Hudson instead of Red Wing if there wasn’t a warranty. By the time we finished our conversation he said and I quote “no problem, bring them down. We can exchange them or switch to another brand”. I was impressed until…

I arrived the next day and was told that “no one could have told me that (they would exchange them), they have a manufacturer’s warranty and would have to be sent in”. So I’m to run around without wiper blades until new ones come in??

What happened to O’Reilly’s 90 warranty?? “That’s only if you have a receipt”

Politely I laid the wipers on the counter and told him to put them where the sundon’tshine and left.

Went 4 blocks down the road to CarQuest and the old GMC is now sporting two new (Working) wipers. Almost feels like a new ride! Crap…the receipt went in the garbage again! Oh well.

Taking my auto parts business to CarQuest isn’t going to hurt O’Reilly Stores. But it will make me feel better.

Sincerely,
    Annoyed in Lakeland

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

O – O – O – O’Reilly!

404 ERROR
    MN

A store is only as good as it’s employees. All McDonald’s restaurants taste almost exactly the same, yet the service, speed and accuracy is all dependent upon the employees…same can be said for O’Reilly’s. Unfriendly or rude staff can kill a particular location for a customer and even make them think twice about visiting the location down the road.

Also note that if you used a rewards card when you purchased, they should have been able to pull up a receipt. I have no idea if you have a rewards card, but it would have helped in this instance. That’s to say IF the employee was competent enough to realize it could be done…

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I always get the name of the person I talked to, walk in I talked to “Tim” and he said Bla Bla Bla. Ok no problem

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Last week at work we had a fork lift battery fail. Even though it was only 11 months old, it had an internal short, it was dead. The boss takes it back to the local battery store and the woman behind the counter tells him they won’t warranty the battery because it’s reading less than 10 volts. So, you’ll only stand behind your battery if it’s a little bad but not if it’s really bad? Huh?? Then she said it was our fault because we didn’t do proper maintenance. The boss pointed to the label on the battery that says “Maintenance Free” and asked her to read that out loud. We ended up getting a new battery after talking to the manager.

S.R.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I blame you Brian. You should’ve asked here first.

I bought these about 6 weeks ago and can honestly say they are the by far best I’ve ever owned.
    http://www.piaa.com/supersilicone

Put some on the wife’s car too. Same result.

Silicone wiper blades are supposed to be far superior and are supposed to last 4 times longer. I find the price comparable with the pricier brands. Seems like a no brained if it isn’t a gimmick.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

They just built a new O’Reilly here in cold spring and they have been great to me so far!! The car quest that was already here it seemed like it was a bother to them if you came in. But as eagle said it’s them employees. Even the oil change place here in town said the same thing. They lost me for good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

BG, let me know how they fair through the winter. By then I’ll be looking for a new set anyway.

I agree Mr. Eagle. One store can tarnish the image of all the good stores where the employees are working their tail off to keep customers coming back.

Like I said, they won’t know I’m not patronizing them but I’ll feel better about it. )

Iowaboy1

employees can make or break any business,that said even if it was only two dollars worth I would call the area rep and let them know what happened.
    you dont need a receipt if you paid with a credit/debit card as they will have it on file in their computer,I know as I deal with them and other parts stores a lot.
    if you paid cash I can see where it may make a difference but that doesnt give them cause to doubt you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I told him I paid with a card. He said that wouldn’t do him any good.

Iowaboy1

then the guy doesnt know what he is doing,all they need is your name and address,they type that in and your transactions from the latest to the earliest will show up on the computer.
    once that is found they can refund the money directly back to your card.
    I have done this countless times with them even store to store as its on the main computer.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I lost the receipt for my trolling motor batteries that I purchased in 2015. I walked into batteries plus and the manager looked up my sale from 3 1/2 years ago! Luckily the agm’s had a 4 year free replacement. woot I bet they could have looked up the sale. They just didn’t want to.

deertracker

That’s too bad. I like my O’Reillys location. They also loan out all the specialty tools that others don’t.
    DT

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Sign up for orielly rewards. not necessarily for the rewards, but it keeps track of all your purchases. it saved me from loosing a core charge on a battery a while back. all they need is a phone number

jond327

Back in the day working at a parts store every month we would have an item that we would get extra $$ for selling. 10 cents each on a brand of spark plugs, percentage of extended warranties or maybe 50 cents a piece on wiper blades. They would be the greatest things ever for that month. Just a way to push crap

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

After sending this link to O’Reilly todays email provided some resolution.

We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience with a gift card for the amount of $44.87 if you would please provide us with your mailing address, we would be more than glad to submit that gift card request to be mailed out to your address.

Thanks,

O’Reilly Auto
    Customer Satisfaction Dept.
    Tony Carrizales
    800-755-6759

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Last one…

We reached out to the Store Manager to inform him of this matter and we would be willing to assist with a $60 gift card that you should receive in 8-10 business days if not earlier. We appreciate your business and it is our sincere hope that you will continue to choose O’Reilly Auto Parts for your future automotive needs. If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

O’Reilly Auto
    Customer Satisfaction Dept.

Complete resolution.

Bassn Dan

Six weeks ago I stopped in at O’Reilly Auto in Red Wing. The sales person talked me out of the RainX brand and into Trico. Bit more expensive but when A blade is $23. each, why not splurge. BTW he didn’t recommend Bosh for my truck but I don’t recall why.

Anyway, from day one the blades skipped on the way down to “home”. I thought I would wait a while and let them break in. Well they didn’t.

So I called down to Red Wing to see if they have a warranty at all. I wasn’t hopeful because I didn’t have a receipt and it was 5 weeks already. Who keeps a receipt for wiper blades?

The fella that answered the phone was interested in knowing why I didn’t like them and I went through the details including that I didn’t have a receipt. They needed replacing warranty or not but I would have them replace in Hudson instead of Red Wing if there wasn’t a warranty. By the time we finished our conversation he said and I quote “no problem, bring them down. We can exchange them or switch to another brand”. I was impressed until…

I arrived the next day and was told that “no one could have told me that (they would exchange them), they have a manufacturer’s warranty and would have to be sent in”. So I’m to run around without wiper blades until new ones come in??

What happened to O’Reilly’s 90 warranty?? “That’s only if you have a receipt”

Politely I laid the wipers on the counter and told him to put them where the sundon’tshine and left.

Went 4 blocks down the road to CarQuest and the old GMC is now sporting two new (Working) wipers. Almost feels like a new ride! Crap…the receipt went in the garbage again! Oh well.

Taking my auto parts business to CarQuest isn’t going to hurt O’Reilly Stores. But it will make me feel better.

Sincerely,
    Annoyed in Lakeland

You buy “blades” for $23 each instead of getting refills for just $6 a pair?

Think of all the Ham’s you could buy for $40!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.