Open Seat Two Harbors – Wednesday 9/28

• biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Either Two Harbors or twin points tomorrow morning around 7. Have room for 2-3. Will be off the water around 2.

Will likely be trolling but may do some jigging. Did really well in this area last fall and it sounds like it’s picking up pretty good right now.

gonefishin
    Participant

Hi, I can’t make this week but if you have an open seat next week or later I might be able to make it. I live next door in Ham Lake.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Sounds good. Lake trout season closes after Sunday so I typically don’t head out there until it reopens. Trying to get one last run in before it closes.

I should add that I’ll be leaving East Bethel around 4-430.

xplorer
    Participant
    Cloquet, MN

Wish I could switch days off, winds on Wed look way better.
    I’ll be out there on Thursday, still trying to decide where to go out of with the 8-15 SSW winds predicted. Good luck, drop a quick report if you have time.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Will do. I chose tomorrow for that very reason.

Where were you planning to go out of?

xplorer
    Participant
    Cloquet, MN

Ideally 2 Harbors. I did pretty well out of there last September.
    I was hoping to troll and jig some humps north of there, but the wind doesnt look like its gonna play nice.
    Otherwise I will go out of McQuade or even Duluth and stay closer to this end and fish what areas I can depending on waves. Just hoping for a couple trout to throw in the smoker.

AlwaysFishing23
    Participant

Will do. I chose tomorrow for that very reason.

Where were you planning to go out of?

How did you end up doing today out of TH?

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Ended up with 10 small lakers. Caught 4 while jigging. Most fish were graphed in 100-120’ right near the bottom. Everything trolling came on the downrigger 99-105’ down. Orange mag spoons took everything.

AlwaysFishing23
    Participant

Went out today out of TH (solo) went 15/18 all lakers. 15 landed in about 4-5 hours after I found them. Riggers down 68 and 85ft pink was by far the best. Biggest about 7-8lbs. Awesome day of fishing with great weather! Sounds like a wrap on the season with 4-6’ seas next 2 days.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Went out today out of TH (solo) went 15/18 all lakers. 15 landed in about 4-5 hours after I found them. Riggers down 68 and 85ft pink was by far the best. Biggest about 7-8lbs. Awesome day of fishing with great weather! Sounds like a wrap on the season with 4-6’ seas next 2 days.

Great day! The entire weekend looks like a good one to watch football unfortunately.

I’ll be looking back to the north shore once water temps fall back into the 30s in December. Hopefully the winds don’t blow like they did last winter.

AlwaysFishing23
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AlwaysFishing23 wrote:</div>

Great day! The entire weekend looks like a good one to watch football unfortunately.

I’ll be looking back to the north shore once water temps fall back into the 30s in December. Hopefully the winds don’t blow like they did last winter.

Exactly! Not a great looking weekend unfortunately wind wise!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.