Wehrspann 5/14/09

• chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

I went out to Wehrspann Lake this morning. For those that don’t know, Wehrspann is a small lake in west Omaha. It is close to my house and I usually fish it before I go to work a couple times a week. It has crappie, bluegill, bass and catfish. It also has been stocked with walleye but they are few and far between. This season I decided to target the walleye’s and see if I could catch some with consistency. After all the hours I put on Wehrspann, I caught my first limit of walleye out of that lake this morning. I found 2 areas in the lake that seemed to be holding eyes. Both were along the channel drop off in 15-17 FOW. I trolled walleye divers along the channel. Overall, caught about 10 walleyes (4 keepers), about a half dozen largemouth bass, 2 crappies and 3 bluegills that the crankbaits were bigger than Great Day!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Damn man, you are tearin it UP this year! Nice fish…and a great shirt.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats!!
    Nice fish!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Those are some great looking fish and in the middle of the “Big O” none the less

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Impressive catch!

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

Very NICE!! You better keep that spot a secret for now or there’s gonna be 40 boats on your tail! One of those look’s kind of like a sauger?? Is that Lincoln Place Subdivision?

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Very NICE!! You better keep that spot a secret for now or there’s gonna be 40 boats on your tail! One of those look’s kind of like a sauger?? Is that Lincoln Place Subdivision?

Plum Creek

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great job Chad. Sounds like a good place to take my nieces and nephews.

boos1906

Good job on the limit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.