Wehrspann report 5/6/09

• chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Went out to Wehrspann again. The wind was blowing out of the south (15-25) and it was raining when I got there. I tried pitching some jigs along some rocks and caught a few Crappies and Gills. I moved over to the east side of the lake and noticed a lot of fish along the channel drop off in about 15-17 FOW. I decided to put a crank bait on. I used a black/orange walleye diver. I trolled along the drop off at about 2.3mph. I didn’t even go 100ft before the rod doubled over and I landed a 20 inch large mouth bass. Released it and started trolling again. I went less then 100 feet again and BAM – Fish On. This time it was a walleye that was 18 inches. I trolled the rest of the morning and caught several 2-4 pound Largemouth Bass and a few more Eyes. Had a great time and released all the fish. This is a pic of the 18 inch walleye (extremely back lit).

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great job Chad. Got to love it when they start hitting right away.

Husker26
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Chad, it’s nice to know that someone around here can catch the infamous “walleye” in that lake! I have to admit I’m a little jealous, I fish that lake quite a bit and always have trouble catching the eyes. Can’t seem to keep the crappie off the hook though. How was the traffic out there?

Nicely DONE

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Chad, it’s nice to know that someone around here can catch the infamous “walleye” in that lake! I have to admit I’m a little jealous, I fish that lake quite a bit and always have trouble catching the eyes. Can’t seem to keep the crappie off the hook though. How was the traffic out there?

Nicely DONE

The fishing pressure wasn’t bad at all. I usually fish it on weekday mornings. I definitely stay away from there on the weekends. I am going to try again one of these mornings this week. I have to take advantage of my mornings while the kids are still in school. Only 2 more weeks and then I am watching the kids every morning.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.