Wehrspahn Spawn

• Husker26
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

I had a guy tell me that the walleye hadn’t spawned at Wehrspahn yet! Could this be at all true??? I would have figured it would have been long over. I was out last week and the water temps were at 51-53 degrees.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

With a water temp like that, you might still see a few on the dam, but for the most part, I’d say it’d be over, or nearing that. If it’s anything like around here, there’ll still be a load of people on it at night.

chadmayer
    Participant
    Gretna, NE

It’s over. They were spawning about 3 weeks ago. I caught several pre-spawn walleye around the 3rd week in March. I need to find the post-spawn eyes now. I fish that lake at least twice a week since it’s close to my house. I usually go over there around 8AM and fish till 1PM before work. If anyone wants to join me sometime, just drop a note.

cameltosis
    Participant

i know this post was a year ago but in hopes of getting a bit of help showin me around wehrspahn i thought i’d give it a shot. i caught some crappie of the dock and landed a 22lb catfish out of the channel 30 yards off the dock but i was hopin to learn a bit about catchin walleye and finding some other good bank fishin spots or take a free ride on a boat. let me know if ya can help me out, i’m a great apprentice.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Good luck, and welcome to IDO!

I love the screen name, but am afraid to hear the story behind it….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.