Walnut Creek

• jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

I went out to Walnut Creek Saturday for some fishing. We started out near the dam around some of the fishing jetties. The fishing seemed a little slow and the wind didn’t help much either. I caught a couple decent fish on black/blue flake Venom Salty Slings (senko like bait). I caught my second largest bass (15.25″) of the day on Eakins Jig with Paca Chunk Trailer. I caught it near the south end of the lake jigging around some of the timber. Action seemed really slow down that way so I finished out the day fishing points near the dam. I most of the fish I was catching were in 8to 10 feet of water. With the wind I decided the only way I could effectively fish was with a carolina rig. I immediately started getting bites. I caught a couple back to back in the 15″ range. I caught the biggest bass of the day near the outlet structure. It was 16.75″. All of those fish were caught on a black/blue Venom Hallow Hog. It is a lot like a brush hog, but has a hollow body. I even caught a bass in about 14 feet of water on drop shot rigged with a Strike King 3X worm. Overall it wasn’t a bad day on the lake. The bite was a little slow, but it appears the lake if very heavily pressured. I would like to go back sometime when the wind isn’t blowing so hard.

Jason

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks for the update Jason. Walnut is in my in-laws neck-o-the-woods. I’ve fished it a few times, mainly pitching and jigging the standing timber. Haven’t fished it for a while though. Like you say, it gets a lot of pressure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.