Okuma Reel Size Ceymar

• suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I have a couple Ceymar C-10’s. One for an ice rod and now one for a 6.0 ultra light. I just ordered a 6.6 ultralight and wondered if the C-20 would fit or if its more of a medium sized walleye reel? I can look at the specs all day (I have) but without seeing them together I dont know for sure. Can anyone with experience give me some advice?
    BTW I cant speak yet from experience but I have an Okuma Celilo ultra-light in my hands now and it feels very nice considering its low price. That’s why Im grabbing another one before they run out. I broke two panfish rods in the last two years and Im just getting around to replacing them. Thanks!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Where you’d want to go to the 30 is for line capacity. 8# mono I’d use the 30. Less # and you can probably use the 20. They’re not heavy reels.
    I own one 20 and probably 8 30’s

Deuces
    Participant

I have an okuma epixor 20 for my 6ul, love it. Okuma just makes great sized reels in general imo.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I have some C-20s and C-30s for ice fishing setups. C-20 is on the left. Pretty noticeable size difference in the arbors.

Attachments:
    1. F535F809-CF6B-4698-8747-F2FFD6FC9431-scaled.jpeg

MX1825
    Participant

I have a couple Ceymar C-10’s. One for an ice rod and now one for a 6.0 ultra light. I just ordered a 6.6 ultralight and wondered if the C-20 would fit or if its more of a medium sized walleye reel? I can look at the specs all day (I have) but without seeing them together I dont know for sure. Can anyone with experience give me some advice?
    BTW I cant speak yet from experience but I have an Okuma Celilo ultra-light in my hands now and it feels very nice considering its low price. That’s why Im grabbing another one before they run out. I broke two panfish rods in the last two years and Im just getting around to replacing them. Thanks!

I ordered off specs and the Ceymar 20 is too small for what I wanted. doah Going to reorder the 30. The 20 is pretty small. These were not for panfish rods though.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I went ahead and ordered the 20. Hopefully its not too big but Im sure it will work out fine. I cant see the 10 going on a very big rod without looking funny either. Thanks for the info. Ill report back.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

The C-20 is a little smaller than the C-30 but seems reasonable for a spinning rod. I didn’t have a Shimano 1000 series on hand to compare but I suspect they’re relatively close in size.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I just received the C-20. I think 6 foot is about the cutover between the two reels in relative appearance to a UL rod. 6 ft or under UL the C-10. 6 ft or over UL C-20.
    The C-20 fits very well on the 6ft rod I have now. Better balance even but it looks a tad big. I would say you cant go wrong with a C-20 on almost any ultralight rod but probably get the C-10 if its tiny. Now ice rods is a whole notha ball game. I can see the C-20 as a walleye reel in the winter.
    Cant wait to put these new units into action!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Where you’d want to go to the 30 is for line capacity. 8# mono I’d use the 30. Less # and you can probably use the 20. They’re not heavy reels.
    I own one 20 and probably 8 30’s

Oh gosh, I misspoke. I have 30’s and 40’s

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I am loving both rigs. For perch and crappie the 6.5 with c20 is the cats ass. I may get another before they run out. Both are light and well balanced. Best rod bargain I ever came across.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.