Okoboji ice conditions???

• up man
    Participant
    UP MICHIGAN

How is the ice on okoboji? Is there a lot of snow and slush? Will I be able to drove a 4 wheeler out there or wont that work. I wanna come fish walleyes this week but im not sure how easy it is going to be to get around on the lake.

We have been catchin a lot of walleyes in the bays and out on the points before all the snow. I live about an hour away and i dont wanna drive an hour to not even be able to get out there.

And has anyone been catching any panfish on west lake?

weimman86
    Participant

Haven’t been up there yet after the snow, but everyone I have talked to said that you won’t be able to get on the lake with your truck or a 4 wheeler without getting stuck. Most of the guy’s say they have to walk out on the lake and that is a tuff job in it’s self with 24+ inches of snow.

Just my two cents

shaley
    Participant
    Milford IA

Sleds the best bet, not getting a truck or quad on the lake. Slush under the ice, can’t comment on Spirit only rode as far as the park on West today. Nothings plowed other than the main roads and dragging by hand will be tough at best. My sleds sitting on the trailer waiting for a hitch for the shack, my X Mas gift from me to me by way of the X Mas bonus. If I can’t fish at least I can ride.

dylan-gravenhof
    Participant
    Worthington, MN

i havent been to okoboji yet.. but it was a pretty hard walk on Big Spirit

up man
    Participant
    UP MICHIGAN

Yeah i went a few days ago and it was not fun. We did get 3 walleyes but it sucks walking. Lots of bites. time to buy a snowmobile

dylan-gravenhof
    Participant
    Worthington, MN

Quote:

Yeah i went a few days ago and it was not fun. We did get 3 walleyes but it sucks walking. Lots of bites. time to buy a snowmobile

sounds like a good idea!!.. we have one but we dont have it liscensed or anything

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.